- advertisement -

Medical ID for tiny wrist?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cgnauck, Jun 18, 2013.

1. cgnauck

cgnauck New Member

My little one is three and has a teeny tiny wrist. Any recommendations for SMALL medical id bracelets? The only ones I can seem to find can be ordered with a small chain, but still have a ginormous metal id tag.

2. rakgyk

rakgyk Approved members

I don't remember what website I bought Gavi's bracelets (I bought a few for him to see what he would like). One is a Velcro bracelet and there is an insert with his information on it. Another is a fabric bracelet with a metal piece with his info on it. It's adjustable. I also bought some silicone bracelets for that that say type 1 diabetes insulin dependent. He wears it on his ankle because he doesn't like it on his wrist. What about letting your child wear it on their ankle until they're older when bracelets will fit their wrist?

3. Ott8965

Ott8965 Approved members

Road ID are teeny tiny...good luck!

4. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

K has been wearing his child-sized medic-alert bracelet since he was 2.5, and he is a small and skinny kid. As long as the chain is sized correctly, the size of the medic-alert tag doesn't seem to be an issue.

5. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

My younger son has been wearing a medical alert bracelet since he was 10 months old. They can make them any size

6. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

As a 3 year old, my son wore the medic alert bracelet and still does.

7. virgo39

virgo39 Approved members

Goodsforgiving has silicone bands in "extra small" that are extra-small bands are 6" (15cm). Perhaps that is too big, though.

8. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We did an extra small silicone bracelet and alternated with an id tag for her sneakers.

9. cgnauck

cgnauck New Member

Do first responders look for ankle id?

10. 22jules

22jules Approved members

11. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

My daughter been wearing the silicone bracelets for a long time now. She's tiny too, and they have definitely fit her since before she was 3.

12. kirsteng

kirsteng Approved members

My son was 3 1/2 when he was diagnosed about 6 months ago. We bought the toddler silicone bands from universal medical ID but when they came they were actually too small. They sent out the next size up for free and an envelope to return the too-small ones. They also have elastic sport bands which my son prefers most of the time - the silicone are great in summer though.

13. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

We got Meredith's first ones when she was 2 from Sticky Jewelry. www.stickyj.com They had small ones that she actually wore.

14. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Kirsten - are the elastic sport bands you mentioned the "small sportband flex" ones from the website? I think K might be ready for a bit of a change!

15. kirsteng

kirsteng Approved members

They are! We just got one so far (ordered with the actual id tag) plus a pack of the silicones, but I'm going to order the 3 pack of extra sport bands because Grady finds them the most comfortable. They do get more dirty/wet though, so I'd definitely recommend having a spare or two...

16. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

Thanks, Kirsten!

17. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

We have gotten all of Emma's from Fiddledeeids. I think that's spelled right. I was able to put in her wrist measurement and choose. Its really fancy and has jewels and she wears it all the time. Her first one lasted probably 3 years and finally it was getting a bit small and the lobster clip finally started to go, so I got a new one and she's been wearing that one since. We love them - definitely get our money's worth

18. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

Coolmedid.com

My son is 6 and very skinny. He has been wearing the supersmall silicone bracelets from coolmedid.com. They simple say "Type 1 Diabetes." I like these because there are several different color combinations to choose from - so he was excited to pick a camouflage, a black and white combination, and a solid blue.

These work great for us because he can leave them on at night, swimming, etc. and he doesn't mind wearing them. I think they run around $4.99 each. We ordered 3 about a year ago and are about ready to order a few more.

We tried a more traditional medical id braclet that was cloth with a medal medical piece, but he complained constantly that it bothered him and he didn't want to wear it.

Check out the website at coolmedid.com

19. CALsMom

CALsMom New Member

Medical Alert for young ones or super skinny ones!

We had trouble finding an extra small medical alert bracelet for my very slim 10 year old daughter so we went ahead and designed our own and are offering them for sale at www.t1dbands.blogspot.com They are 5.5 inches around. Finally, she will wear an alert band!