- advertisement -

medical ID alert

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Abuchanan, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Abuchanan

Abuchanan Approved members

Does anyone know a web site for med id alert products that kids (10year old) might like? I have looked at alot of sites and she dosent like any of the dog tags and necklaces she sees. Thanks

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

3. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

The only one Carson will wear is from www.coolmedid.com And the best part is they're really inexpensive.

4. Ivan's Mum

Ivan's Mum Approved members

This place is great, they have the following

ALERT! T1 Diabetic
    ALERT! insulin dependent diabetic
    ALERT! on insulin pump

They have 2 sizes but only these colours. My son has been wearing one for over 6 months now and it looks as good as the day he put it on.

Mediband.com I think it is - they're part of a company called handband (australian)

5. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

We have gone to dog tags. www.ID-IDeas.com

As a girl, I don't know if she is into dog tags, but my Halo lover sure is!

6. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I use a RoadID, the interactive one so I have my whole medical history on the website.

The actual ID band says my name, IDDM & asthma.

www.roadid.com

7. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Francesca,
    Abby is still wearing the one you sent her, and it looks as good as the day it came out of the envelope! It's been at least 6mos.
    Thanks again!

8. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

some one had posted this website, www.diabetesandmore.com there cute id bracelets, even a mood changing beaded bracelet. i havent been able to order anything yet. but i am going to order some things from there soon. check it out

9. kaismom

kaismom Approved members

10. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

We have and will only use medic alert. My husband is a police officer and said that in an emergency, medic alert is one of the best. Make sure that what ever you are using, looks like a medical info tag, not just jewelry or there is a big chance that it will be overlooked. We talked with the fire dept and emergency first responders in the area and they said the same thing.

Sam has had his medic alert since he was 3 and it has not broken once. All the info is updated by us, via the computer and it automatically transmitted to the medic alert computer. A first respoder just dials the number and all of Sam's info comes up. I always thought that this was handy in case mom or dad could not talk for him in an emergency.

11. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Hailey will only wear the medical velcro bands from http://simaenterprises.com Just make sure if you get one you order the medical ID and not the kidlink ID

12. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

My brother is a Medic, he and I also recommend www.medicalert.org There are silver bracelets that are VERY sturdy, for the writing there are LOTS of colors to choose from. More girly ones too:D

13. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

http://www.mediband.com.au/