- advertisement -

Medic alert bracelets?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by WakingLife, Jul 23, 2016.

1. WakingLife

WakingLife New Member

Hi all! I have been gathering information from this forum since my daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 almost 2 years ago (She's 4 now!). Thank you all so much for all of the valuable information!

I have a question for you about medic alert bracelets. We have a medic alert necklace from Lauren's Hope which we like a lot. I would like to have some small silicone medic alert bracelets that say 'I have type 1 diabetes' but all the medic alert bracelets that I can find say 'I am diabetic'....that phrase really rubs me the wrong way. Anyone have a good resource for a medic alert that sells silicone kids bracelets that say 'I have type 1 diabetes'?

Thanks in advance!

2. jenm999

jenm999 Approved members

3. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

4. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Cheap, colorful and while they make some that just say "Diabetic" they also have a ton that say "Type 1" http://www.coolmedid.com

5. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

Over the years, we have bought tons of the Type 1 Diabetes silicone bracelets from CoolMed ID

http://coolmedid.com/store.php?pg1-cid49.html

They're so cheap, you can buy them in lots of colors, and still have extras to keep in the car, in my purse, in his supplies bag, etc.

6. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

I second this recommendation. RoadID FTW!

7. WakingLife

WakingLife New Member

Thank you so much! These are some different sites that I have not seen yet! Best of all they all have pink bracelets :)

8. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

You can order custom silicone bracelets from here: https://www.reminderband.com/

They are very cheap even if you're not ordering a lot.. cheaper than many sites sell generic ones for :)

9. Schpoodle's Dad

Schpoodle's Dad Approved members

10. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

Third this recommendation! I take several medications and have a few drug allergies, so I have the Road ID Live version, which is well worth the cheap subscription for the peace of mind in my opinion. I used to have an Elite band with the medic alert badge. Now I have an ID from them that slips on my Apple Watch band. Their products are very high quality.

11. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Just ordered new road ids today. Had to update a new phone number. Our previous ones have lasted years. The Slim Wristband is our favorite. I got 5 lines of engraving. Included name, year of birth, 2 contact names and phone numbers, diseases (T1D and Addisons) and emergency meds needed for Addison's disease (rare so paramedics don't always know...)

12. msschiel

msschiel Approved members

Definitely Road ID.

13. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

These are ones we've used in past.
    We also went through a phase where bracelets were bothering her wrist, so we got medic alerts that went on her shoes and her zipper of her coats.
    Road ID are great too and they've finally come out with a medical alert one.

14. kim5798

kim5798 Approved members

https://www.epic-id.com/

My mother in law bought my daughter one of these. It is pretty cool. the band has a usb that has all pertinent info on it.

15. mamaberkhie

mamaberkhie Approved members

Posting so I can come back later. We've done wristbands and a necklace. The necklace lasted a long time but now it needs to be replaced.