- advertisement -

Mail order question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by debbrooke, Mar 21, 2013.

1. debbrooke

debbrooke New Member

I am trying mail order through express scripts and i called my endo's office yesterday to have them fax in a script to express mail, I gave them the wrong fax number and they never called me back to let me know that the fax went though. I called express scripts this morning and they told me that the endo office calls a certain phone number and they need to have express scripts fax them their form then endo faxes back.. i called my endo office to see if they had done what i told them to do and they told me that they faxed in there own script. One rep says i need their form and another rep said that the doctor's office could fax in their own script. I don't know what is right or wrong. I asked them what fax number they used and the receptionist would not tell me. She said that I know how to do mail orders and was very nasty to me.. I have to wait till tomorrow to see if the order went through... I need her meds in about ten days...Had anyone dealt with Express Scripts and how long it took to receive their first order.. They told me it could take up to 8 days to receive the order once they receive the fax.

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I think our prescriptions have been arriving quicker since Medco was taken over by Express Scripts, but it's only been two orders so I'm not sure. Medco was really slow - 2 to 3 weeks on almost everything. I was surprised when insulin ordered on a Tuesday arrived in less than a week this time. I was also very pleasantly pleased with how much nicer customer service/pharmacy seemed when I needed to talk to them about an order this week.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

We are using them for 8 more days, then we switch.

There is a special form/number that doctors use, but I think as long as it has the specific info the company requires, it's ok. With Medco, we received an email alert telling us the scrip was received and then one when it was sent out.
    Our recent experience was about the same as in the past. Maybe a bit quicker. I would allow 2 weeks waiting time.

One thing though. We had just received a shipment of insulin. Then about 2 weeks later we determined that my daughters needs increased and we are going through insulin like crazy, so we had the scrip increased. We had the new order in 48 hours.

I've dealt with the customer service and I found they were just as helpful as Medco, maybe a little more. However, the admin at our clinic said that from her end they are terrible to deal with. They frequently say that faxes where never received even though the clinic gets a confirmed receipt of the fax. She says it's not uncommon to have to fax scrips again...frequently. She is hoping that as time goes by and the transition is complete things will smooth over.

So are they bad, no. Are they good yes, definitely Ok.

4. debbrooke

debbrooke New Member

my concern in all of this is that i feel like the staff at my endo office won't be cooperative if they need to refax the scripts.they were upset with me for asking some basic questions about faxing in the script.. the one girl was telling me that i know how to do this and was defensive with me.. If this continues then i should talk to the office manager or the doctor... maybe then i might get this issue handled properly..

5. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

If the office staff isn't helping you then yes I'd ask for a supervisor or talk to the doctor. At our clinic the nurses do the prescriptions. For some reason anything they send to Caremark electronically never gets there, they have to end up calling it in which is a hassle but they do take care of it.