- advertisement -

Luna bars

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Heather(CA), Jan 19, 2011.

1. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I think that's what they are called. I was thinking about trying these for breakfast, can someone tell me where can I get some? :cwds: Would they work for a breakfast bar type thing?

2. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Target sells them, in the pharmacy area, near vitamins.
    Most grocery stores sell them, along with Trader Joe's. They probably would be ok for breakfast. Look for fat content, some tend to run high.
    I like the Special K protien shakes. A little pricey, I buy when on sale.

3. Heather(CA)

Is there milk in the protein shakes? If so, that's my problem. Milk gives me sinus infections or I would just have cereal:(

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

That's a good question. I don't have any in the house so I can't check. I'm LI, they don't bother me, but they sell them right near the Lara bars, so check them out too!

5. CassiesMama

CassiesMama Approved members

Luna bars are yummy, but some of the flavors I wouldnt do for breakfast just cause they seam more like a treat then breakfasty. There is a lemon one they have that is really good for the mornings tho.

6. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

7. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

lara bars don't have milk in them, I eat those for breakfast on road trips.

8. Heather(CA)

Where do you buy them?

9. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Heather,
    I found an awesome protein powder that is completely diary free. Vega whole health optomizer. That stuff rocks!! I mix it with fruits and veggies and sometimes some almond milk too---yum:D

You can buy it at Whole Foods and Sprouts.

Lara bars are different than luna bars, all will have ingredients on them, many do have milk.

Have you heard of kind bars? Saw them at Starbucks the other day and bought some at Sunflower market---nuts and fruit only and super yummy, and unfortunately a bit pricy too

10. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

I think I got bought kind bars at costco, or maybe it was lara-they are basically fruit and nuts. I buy lara bars normally at my local grocery store, it's not a chain. I rarely buy them because if my 2 year old sees one she'll snatch it out of my hands. There's another brand, I think it's called raw something that are dairy free too.

11. Heather(CA)

Thanks guys, what I'm wanting is to try something Gluten free for breakfast. And that doesn't have liquid milk like a shake. It's OK if there's milk in the bar :) I eat cheese, just not straight milk, ice cream, yogurt, pudding, stuff like that :)