- advertisement -

Low Dose Of Synthroid During Pregnancy, Jaundice and...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Sw33tBabi3z, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Sw33tBabi3z

Sw33tBabi3z Approved members

Test Strips..

First, I would like to know if anyone else has been on any kind of thyroid medication during pregnancy with their dx'd child and if they had jaundice shortly after birth?

Also, what is the effing deal with medco charging up the "A" just to have at least 3-5 strips (one touch ultra) out of every container looks like it has been used already??!!?

I mean..c'mon!

Thanks!

2. selketine

selketine Approved members

Well...if I understand your question....

I was on synthroid during both of my pregnancies because I had my thyroid removed many years ago. My synthroid dose increased dramatically during pregnancy but that is normal. My first child had some jaundice after he was born but it wasn't terrible. He had some extra tests done to make sure it was clearing up - he does NOT have diabetes. My son with diabetes did not have jaundice.

I would guess autoimmune disorders run in some families - like hypo/hyperthyroidism and diabetes - both are common in my family (type 2 diabetes however - not type 1 - my son is the only one with type 1).

3. MLH

MLH Approved members

synthroid

I was on synthroid for both my pregnancies. Both girls were jaundiced. My oldest has type 1 and hypothyroism. Youngest is ok (knock on wood):cwds:

4. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

I am pregnant right now and on synthroid. My dose has gone up tremendously!! I was on synthroid during my other pregnancies and none of my children have been jaundice. My youngest son has diabetes.

5. shilpi235

shilpi235 Approved members

i have hypothyroid.i was also on synthyroid when pregnant.i was throwing up so much that i was taking synthyroid only once in 2 days and dont remember my thyroid levels were checked by doctors regularly(i was in switzerland during my all pregnancy ). and my daughter got severe jaundice after birth.doctor recognized only when she had more than 23 points...doctor was a fool.and my only daughter has D.

6. Sw33tBabi3z

Sw33tBabi3z Approved members

Thanks soo much for all your replies, i really appreciate it!!

:D

I have had half my thyroid removed as well and levels seem to have been normal last I checked after DS was born (didn't need synthroid for him and he was non-jaundice, non-D).

Thanks, again and Bless you all!

7. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

I have hashimotos... all three pregnancies... all three kids jaundice, also, this is becouse I am A- and my kids are not. so blood type is a factor as well. First, just sunlight helped him, second my daughter, had the light wrap around her tummy, third, son with D, was in the suitcase light... my levels, never changed during pregnancy... they dont change now....

as far as the strips, call one touch and complain so they send you a free bottle or so... darn, we pay enough!:mad:

8. linda

linda Approved members

I was not on any meds...but my dd(D) was jaundice...(and btw she IS on synthroid)i think my son was jaundice too (no D)