- advertisement -

low carb starbucks drink??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by jessicat, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

I just won a $25.00 gift card from Starbucks!! Yep, I'll be having some special treats from there and enjoying every single carb of them!:D

There's nothing wrong with a treat every once in a while - Diabetes or not. There's plenty of stuff there appropriate for a 7 yr. old even though I don't claim to know the age limits on appropriate treats as that would be a personal choice of the said child's parent. Heck, they even have "Puppy Latte's" for dogs!

2. JackyH

JackyH Approved members

A kid's hot chocolate costs $1 and has 26g of carb. No harm in a nice treat from time to time.

3. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I agree 100% They also have a yummy strawberry drink. I don't know about the carbs but as long as you get the count right.....

Christopher, you don't have an edit button. So, if oyu can't keep yourself in check others will attempt to do it for you. You should be embarrassed.

4. Heather(CA)

As I said....NO edit button.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Really? You needed to dredge up this trainwreck of a thread that had clearly died, just to scold Chris some more? It was done and over.

6. Heather(CA)

I didn't see it before today, who made it a train wreck? This was so bad I could not stop myself. It was only on the second page.

7. hawkeyegirl

Yes, and your posts did nothing but dredge it back up again, with no helpful insight as to the OP's question. If that was your intention, job well done.

8. MommaKat

MommaKat Approved members

Absolutely true - called a refresher in the sense that it's an energy refresher. Definitely max caffeine in these drinks.

As for Starbucks and D - the website is great and they carry nutrition info pamphlets in most stores. They give us a new one when we ask. It's a once in a blue moon treat, and my kids enjoy it. Not as much as I do, perhaps, but someone in my family gives me a gift card once or twice a year.

Not everyone has the time to visit this site everyday. A thread may seem dead to those who can and do come her every day, but not to those of us without the time to post here daily or even semi daily. Still others might be growing tired of the tendency for threads like this (a genuine question seeking advice or suggestions from other D parents) to degenerate into a series of judgement calls rather quickly. This one went really fast - wow.

To the OP, hope you figured out some yummy treats - my kiddo loves a skinny vanilla latte (14g for a tall), skinny caramel macchiato (21g for a grande, and we ask them to measure the caramel drizzle), or an iced coffee with sf vanilla syrup and milk (2g for a grande, 1g for a tall). FWIW, these espresso drinks have less caffeine than regular drip coffee and far less than caffeinated sodas.

9. hawkeyegirl

My point was that the argument was dead and she had no helpful information for the OP. This was obviously pot-stirring.

10. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

Closing ... long dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.