- advertisement -

low bg and playdate

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Meredithsmom, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Meredithsmom

Meredithsmom Approved members

DD has been running low since last night. Due to activity and excitement. This is not uncommon for her. She frequently has activity lows over 24 hours from certain activities. She was suspended for 3 hours last night and on a temp basal ever since. She just got invited to a friend's house for a playdate this afternoon. She has been there before and the mom knows what to do. I am freaking out because this will be her first playdate while running low. I plan to keep the temp basal and send lots of snacks. And keep my phone on me like its a lifeline. I really don't even want to let her go but that's not the answer. This will be good for us, right??

2. Brenda

Brenda Junior Member

She should be fine. Of course, you may see lows again tonight/tomorrow depending on what they do this afternoon. But, you can handle them.

You are well prepared. Try to relax while she is gone.

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Yep, I agree with Brenda :) You may want her to have a snack tonight of full fat ice cream. That will hopefully keep her from dropping during the night. And tell her to keep sipping some juice while she's running about. She'll have a great time

4. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Yes, good job letting her go. Start the play date with a snack :)

5. Meredithsmom

She should be home in an hour! I haven't called and neither has she. So I am assuming everything is fine. I was very conservative on the lunch bolus and sent lots of snacks. She has taken a break from CMG for about the last month but we will be putting one in tonight. Hopefully we can catch lows quicker.

I went shopping with my mom this afternoon and tried not to worry too much. Will feel better when she is home. Thanks for being there.

6. Turtle1605

Turtle1605 Approved members

Hope everything went well. ;)

7. Meredithsmom

Everything went great! She had an awesome time and cannot wait to do it again. :p I have to admit I was glad she was home. Even DH was getting anxious for her to come home. He kept going outside to make sure the driveway wasn't too slippery (it was raining and 34 degrees). We made it through and will move on to the next challenge...a sleepover :eek: