- advertisement -

LOVING Hypafix...Just sharing!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by bisous, Aug 24, 2011.

1. bisous

bisous Approved members

DS has super sensitive skin. He has a hard time with IV 3000, Tegaderm and lots of other creams, adhesives etc. He has had no problem at all with Hypafix. It has been fabulous and incredibly durable! All summer long he's worn a patch of Hypafix over his Sure-T with a little triangle cut out to cover the detachment point. It has kept his site secure through days of swimming in pools and at the beach.

HIGHLY recommend it!

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Hypafix is the absolute best thing I've tried as well. Love it!

3. azdrews

azdrews Approved members

We love Hypafix, too! Works great to keep his CGM attached. Being in AZ, we swim EVERY DAY and this stuff works so well.

4. bisous

bisous Approved members

What trips me out about the Hypafix too is that as well as it works, it is still pretty easy to remove. How do they even do that?? I'm just so grateful I saw it mentioned here! Love this place...

5. namegirl

namegirl Approved members

We LOVE Hypafix here, too! Definitely the best way to go for adhesives. Comfortable, durable, and resistant to various toddler mishaps. Fantastic stuff.

6. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

same for us and CGMS. Its been the only thing that hasn't irritated him.

7. Lize

Lize Approved members

Same here!

8. bnmom

bnmom Approved members

Omnipod rep was here just last night (trying so hard to show Bobbys idiot mom the best way to keep a fricken pod in place for 3 days :eek:) and she told us Hypafix is actually the same adhesive they use making the pods.

We've been using the tape since she sent samples a week ago and love it. It holds great, yet removes easily and irritates nothing. Good stuff!

9. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

We've jumped on the Hypafix bandwagon recently, after years of using Tegaderm (got a lot of itching lately due to that). Liking Hypafix a lot, and way cheaper than Tegaderm.

10. saxmaniac

saxmaniac Approved members

Love this stuff. If you search for a bit you can find it for cheap, half-price, on Amazon. We mail-order it in bulk.

11. Janimal

Janimal Approved members

My kid is just developing a reaction to Dexcom tape and I was thinking of placing it on top of Hypafix as I have used it in the past to hold the Medtronic sensor in place. So, it looks like you use it for Dexcom and I was just wondering exactly what you do. Do you put the Hypafix on the skin and the Dexcom on the Hypafix?