- advertisement -

Love/Hate Relationship with Spring?!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Abby-Dabby-Doo, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

Anyone else have a love/hate relationship with the season Spring?
    I'm so happy the snow is melting, and it's getting warmer outside.
    But I tell you- in our house, it creates havoc with blood sugars:mad:! One day it's beautiful out, the next day it's raining, and the day after that snow flurries. She's up, she's down, she's down all day, and just when I'm about to adjust something WHAM the blood sugars or the weather go in the other direction. :rolleyes:

2. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

I don't know how the BG will be, but I have terrible seasonal allergies. That's why I hate spring. But damn I can't wait for the snow to melt!

3. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

yeah us folks in CT have had enough snow and cold but your right about the fluctuating weather and BGs its easier in the summer cause adjustments can be made that can last for awhile or at least until the next growth spurt or virus:D

4. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I hate it only because I can LOOK at a tree starting to bloom and my allergies go haywire!

5. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

I hate it because in CO March is typically the snowiest month.

Lately its been so nice out. Sam has been jumping on the neighbor's tramps which are great for bg's---but not when you kink the set by doing front flips and landing on the sets. Can't exactly say you can't play with the neighbors because you wear a pump:rolleyes:

6. Lee

Lee Approved members

Spring - what's spring?

7. jules12

jules12 Approved members

I am right there with you - it has been in the 70's and they say it may snow or at least rain next week!!!! Why does weather affect his bg so much!!!!

8. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

BG changes should only occur when the time changes!;) yeah...I wish!

Yep, I see what you mean, going through some weird stuff to BG wise (seems to be getting better, crossing fingers).

I love Spring, flowers blooming, birds chirping, sun...oh, that's in a normal country...we still get lots of rain here:rolleyes: but the thought of Spring is really nice.:)

9. taximom

taximom Approved members

Oh...I hear you. Since it's been warmer and they've been able to have outdoor recess at school, Ryan's come in for at lunch the last 2 days w/ BG's of 58 and 56 :eek:. He told the nurse he didn't even feel low :eek:. I think the spring makes these kids run around like nuts outside. Glad he's getting the exercise, but I forgot how it effects the BG sooo much.

10. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I'm with you sister! The weather has a huge affect on Seth too. I'm winging it, and it's mostly working, but Geeezzzzz:rolleyes::eek:

11. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Still dealing with lows!!!! Had to pick him up from school yesterday - too low to ride the bus home...and then low again at baseball.....I just want the weather to pick a temp and stay there for a while!!!!

12. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

I seem to remember that when I turn teh clocks ahead, I have to turn her basals back. (if anyone remembers i accedently did that about a month ago for the better) had some 40's here too(not temp)

and when you go to put your shorts on you find they have shrunk a little. I hate that part of spring

13. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Well, Lanae, I don't know about you but it was in the 60's in my back yard yesterday and about an hour ago it starting sleeting here. I wish the weather would just pick!

14. Noel

Noel Approved members

Sing it out loud and proud girlfriend! The EXACT same thing happens at our house!!! As soon as we get that first sneak peak at the spring season, Aidan's numbers go bizerk!!!!

15. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

Right there with ya, sisters! Jayden's numbers have been in-the-tank low for three days now. Monday it snowed. Friday it was 75. Jayden can't seem to stay above 75 without a lot of effort on my part. Thank goodness for temporary basals...I feel like I'm adjusting her basals all the time lately.

16. mom2ejca

mom2ejca Approved members

Ack! It took over 60 uncovered carbs (combo of uncovered meal carbs & extra snacks) to keep Liz from tanking on Friday. At least she breezed thru her math so she could get outside quicker. No whining about how much she hates multiplication.:D She spent all day outside again on Saturday, so I reduced all bolus insulin by 30% yesterday (worked perfectly :D). Then it rained today and we had chinese take-out for lunch, plus the time change has our schedule goofy; so I don't know which direction to go :confused: It's suppose to be back in the 40's by the end of the week.

Oh yeah, and my children are outside right now making mud pies :eek: Is 60 degrees warm enough to hose them off outside??;):rolleyes:

Gotta' love spring!