- advertisement -

Lost Gingerbread Men, Please Help!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by bgallini, Dec 10, 2009.

1. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

My child care children and I made gingerbread men the other day and when I opened the oven they jumped out and ran out the door! We are wondering if any of you have seen them. If you've seen them, what were they doing? We want to mark all the places they've been on our maps. And then hopefully, next week we can figure out a way to lure them to come back and we'll catch them.

Have you seen them? There are four of them. They have star sprinkles and candies and craisins for decorations.:D

2. lynn

lynn Approved members

Oh my gosh!! Those were YOUR gingerbread men? I couldn't believe my eyes today when I checked to see what the dogs were barking at out the slider. I looked. I blinked twice. I rubbed my eyes three times. I looked out the slider again and there they were--having a snowball fight in the middle of a blizzard!!

They looked like they were having a lot of fun and whoever decorated them did a wonderful job!! They look great!

I hope you can get them back soon. They may want to jump back into your oven for a few minutes to warm up after being in Michigan. It is very cold here.

3. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I am so sorry. They ended up at my house and we thought they were a birthday gift for Kaleb, so we ate them. Please apologize to everyone from us.

BTW- They were really good.

4. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Are you sure didn't eat some with "raisins" on them?

The gingerbread men I saw had "craisins" and star sprinkles on them. They ran down the aisle during the Wizard of Oz musical and danced up on stage with the munchkins singing "Ding Dong, the witch is dead. Which old witch? The Wicked witch! Ding Dong, the wicked witch is dead"

Then, all of sudden, Toto noticed them and jumped out of his basket and ran over for a taste. He stuck his tongue out and gave the closest one a great big slurp. Just as he was about to take his first bite, all four gingerbread men jumped off the stage and ran up the aisle and out the door. No one has seen them since!

5. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

ROTFLOL!!!:eek: I am NOT reading this one to the kids!!! LOL

6. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Now, we all know you're just kidding!...Right?!;)
    Aaaaaanyway, I did get a call from them. There around Vancouver, they said. Something about "fixin' something" (or someone, not sure anymore:cool:), but shouldn't take long. They will catch the first flight back home, but want to stop in Vegas first.:D

7. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

I hope they did a better job of making them than my kids do--they seem to think they need to make them anatomically correct.

8. sooz

sooz Approved members

You are all wrong. They were here in Southern California today building a gingerbread house for Hailey and Faith to decorate tomorrow. Then they went with us to the girl's dance recital and they did a number on stage too. It was "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" and everyone loved it. Then we took them to look at the Christmas lights and drove up to Pasadena where the Rose Parade will be on New Year's Day. They hopped out of the car and decided to walk the route and that was the last we saw them..on Colorado Blvd in Pasadena California walking the Rose Parade Route. If you cant get them to come home, maybe you can see them if you watch the parade. :D

9. etringali

etringali Approved members

I'm sure I saw some streaking past my living room window last night!

10. susan

susan Approved members

That explains everything! They are in Alabama, and they have my car keys!! I have searched my entire house this morning looking for them and I can't find them anywhere..So when they get home could you please tell them to send them back...

11. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

Paula, I wasn't going to tell anyone they were in Vancouver yesterday! They begged me not to tell:rolleyes:

12. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

They were in Texas today. I saw the four of them walking along the highway hitching--maybe they were waving, hard to tell when they only have thumbs. Anyways, I picked them up and brought them home, they helped decorate our Christmas tree. They enjoyed eating candy canes, but the hot chocolate scared them for some reason. I dropped them off at the bus stop, I can't remember where they said they were heading next.

13. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

They are on there way to phoenix to warm up a bit .. specially being in those blizzards they are a bit frozen. I will try to send them back home as soon as they get here.

14. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

Ok i was sooo wrong... they heard that you are looking for them and didnt stop I heard them chanting ...Run, run as fast as you can! You can't catch us, We are the Gingerbread Men!

I got a quick picture befor they took off again to who knows where.. They where not very happy

[​IMG]

15. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

They got into our house and well , our cat Cassie found them. I cannot say anymore because of children reading. Little ginger arms and legs everywhere!
    :eek:

16. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Chandra, in your pic is the candy cane I gave them!!! This thread is really funny!!!

17. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

I saw four Gingerbread Men hanging from our Christmas lights outside...singing "Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!"

They were smiling and laughing as they swung from light to light and flipped up onto the roof....scrambled down the chimney to check out our tree with lights all a glow.

MY dog, Barney woke up blinked a couple of times smelled something yummy and the Gingerbread Men ran lickty split back up the fireplace.

News FLASH: Gingerbread men spotted in Milwaukee, Wisconsin " A great Place on the Lake" :D

18. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Well they just came here on the boys bus:eek: They spent the day at school here in Connecticut and read some storys with the class now they are asking for some hot chocolate before they head out again on their trip around the world.

19. purplewowies

purplewowies Approved members

One made his way into a cable commercial I saw this morning. Got to stay in a schnazzy gingerbread house and watch HD football! :p

20. cmsullivan

cmsullivan Approved members

They made a quick jump over here to Atlanta to say hi to my boys and tell Leland congratulations on getting the pump. They helped me make some chili and had a glass of milk before leaving. I think the dog might have licked one of the gingerbread mens feet a little too much though :eek:. Its a good thing he has that candy cane ;)