- advertisement -

Losing it.

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Jordan, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

I am to be slipping with my diabetes care.. bad.
    I hardly check anymore, at all.. I can't bring myself to. I still do my injections, but I just guess on the doses. As of last week I had to go back to MDI, because I got a bad infection from one of the sites.. I'll be doing MDI for about a month and a half until i'm totally better from the infection.
    I guess I'm losing sight on why I was chosen to have this awful disease? All I want is to be normal. I know to all of you I'm normal, but not to people who don't know what it's like. My friends are all very supportive of everything, but sometimes I hate when they say that they "know how I feel". I mean, I know they're just trying to help, but it hurts sometimes.
    I dunno, I guess I need some support or advice? I'm not really sure, but it feels good to get this out.

2. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I totally get what youre going through right now...(oh, and sorry I havent been here like, at all this summer, I will update soon, promise!!) but I have had the worst summer d-wise. I hardly check, and I've just given up. I wanted to feel normal this summer, just go out with my friends and feel normal, and carefree again...well, I have an appointment with a new endo tomorrow, and I'm feeling a very high a1c (I'm thinking 12+, at least) and I'm so overwhelmed by diabetes lately, and I just feel like crying. So I just wanted to let you know you're not alone. The times I do check I am rarely under 300. I feel like a failure, and I also feel like I've went from being a good example for d-children, to the worst example. I became burnt out, and it stinks. But I'm ready to get back on track, back on a pump (thats another story). It happens to everyone, I know, but it really does make you feel rotten. :(

If you want to talk, I'm here....glad to be back, because not being here for a good part of the summer has really done me no good at all.

Malyssa

3. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I just posted a similar thread, because I'm going through the same thing. I'm still checking, its just that I'm always high, and it doesn't seem to bother me anymore. :( I had an endo appt today though, and we made some changes. Also, school has started back up for me, and now that I'm in more of a scheduled, routine day, I hope things will start to fall back into place. Still waiting on the A1c results, but I'm expecting something in the 8 range (last time was a 7.7) :(

So no, YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Always remember that! I am struggling with a similar thing right now, so if you wanna talk, I'm here. :cwds:

4. Jordan

Jordan Approved members

Thanks Malyssa.. It's definitely good(well not good that it's bad for you too, but you know) to know that there's other people feeling the same way.

Thanks Kaela!

And to both of you, if you ever need to vent/ talk just let me know !

So the past three days, I've made a conscious effort to check at least four times a day.. I found a log that was empty, and I wrote down everything that I ate/ all of my BGs. To my surprise my numbers haven't gone over 199! :eek: Whenever I felt like I was high when I wasn't checking I was actually in the middle 100's, hence why I was getting a bunch of low numbers! Today I felt like I was at a normal level and I checked, 43.. I didn't even feel it :eek:

Thanks again ladies, it's certainly going to be a struggle to get it back, but slowly but surely we can do it :)

5. Shadow

Shadow Approved members

You're not alone, I have been going through the same thing. I started a new school and february, and lately i've been stuffing up, bad. I've been bolusing late, forgetting to do my bgs, etc, etc. :/ Hopefully I can get it together, but I know how you feel.