- advertisement -

Looks like our MM transmitter is toast

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Jun 1, 2015.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Younger son was using the MM CGM with Enlites because of unresolved rashes on the Dexcom. We also have the new Dexcom G4 with Share trying to see if we can keep the skin rashes at bay. While wearing the MM, the MM transmitter fell off the sensor and went into the pool. Stayed at the bottom for a while. It was a salt water pool if that matters. We have had it in rice and it doesn't work yet. I will have to pay out of pocket and get a new one. Even with using flonase and tapes underneath, he still gets a rash that takes weeks to totally go away from the Dex. So we go back and forth on which system he uses. Because insurance paid for the new Dex I understood that I will be paying out of pocket for this new transmitter. Just wish it would work again. It is just out of warranty , but those MM last a very long time for us.

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Have you tried flovent under a tough pad?

Also, I have an extra MM transmitter you can have. Not sure how long it will work but it should have at least another year of life in it. PM me your address if you want it :)

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Do you have a Batteries Plus store near you? They have a system for drying out just about any electronics that went in the water. Takes about 20 minutes as opposed to days in rice.

4. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Interesting. May have to look them up. It happened Sat. about 5pm. Still seems dead right now. When I put it on charger it just goes solid green , but never get that inner green light when removing or doing plug test.

5. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

Another tip. If you have access to a steroid based inhaler. Using that on the skin may help.
    Wendy