- advertisement -

Looking for someone

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by lisac, Jan 25, 2012.

1. lisac

lisac Approved members

I met a mom and her 6(I think) yr old son in the hospital when both of our kiddos were diagnosed. I don't know if she is on this forum, but I thought it was worth a try. We were at Kosair Children's Hospital just over 2 years ago. Hadlee was in the e.r. when they came in. We were in the same room in the e.r. My husband and I knew why we were there, but the mom and her son didn't know yet. The first e.r. they had gone to had sent them over to Kosair, but hadn't told them why. We heard the mom talking to the nurses and we knew. Hadlee was transfered to the PICU before he was, but they came in not long after us. We were moved to a regular room before they were but when he was ready to come out of PICU, the diabetes educator asked us if we minded to room together so that she could educate us at the same time. We got close in those few days (I mean, who wouldn't!) and kept in contact for months afterward. However, I'm bad with names (which is why there are no names here) and changed phones and lost her email address. I would like to be able to get back in contact with her, even if it was just to see how they are doing. She was a single mom and her son had a REALLY hard time, while in the hospital, adjusting. I'm pretty sure the last time I spoke with her, her son was doing well (much better than Hadlee was!) Anyway, I know at the time she lived outside the Louisville area and I believe she worked in insurance. If you are this woman, or know her, I'm just wondering how your doing and how your son is doing.

2. KatieJane'smom

KatieJane'smom Approved members

Just bumping this up for you.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members