- advertisement -

Looking for some reassurance about Dexcom insertion

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by kimmcannally, Jul 5, 2011.

1. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Tonight, when I put in a new sensor, I was holding the collar and I've never done it that way. It seemed to me the white part went down and the collar immediately came back. Anyone else do it that way? I've always inserted then grabbed the collar to pull back. It just felt weird....

2. joy orz

joy orz Approved members

Well, you are supposed to plung then pull back on the collar. Is it reading though? Maybe you got lucky.

3. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

Did it take the calibration? I have done that before and realized afterward what I did, but it worked out fine. I've made sure not to hold it that way again just in case. ;)

4. kimmcannally

kimmcannally Approved members

Yes, it took the calibration and seems to be doing fine! :) Yes, I'll make sure I don't hold it that way again - long day at work and I inserted right after I got home. Next time I have something to eat first. :p

on another tangent, (I'm going to start a thread about this) abdomen sites seem to be more accurate right off the bat than arm sites do for us. Arm sites have been 100 points off the first day and gradually settle in. This is our second abdomen site and both of them were accurate much more quickly.

5. Lovemyboys

Lovemyboys Approved members

I did that too one time and the next time I called dex support about a different matter I asked them about it and they said as along as you are getting numbers it's inserted correctly.