- advertisement -

looking for help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wolf0008, Mar 13, 2006.

1. wolf0008

wolf0008 New Member

hi, i am looking for some programs that help with day-to-day diabetes management - something like a diabetes coach. does anybody have experience with such programs?

greatly appreciated,
    viktor

2. Jana

Jana Approved members

Hey Viktor,

We use Diabetes Pilot for our desktop and PDA. It keeps track of all our son's records (BG, Food, Meds, Exercise...etc...), and it allows us to look at and print up a variety of reports. We can look at BG by hour or by type (such as before breakfast, after lunch, before workout...you name it). We can look at how much insulin he's taking when. Really, we can customize the reports to whatever we need. They make it incredibly easy to see where doing great and what needs work. The program also comes with it's own food database that lists nutritional values (including those ever important carbs) of plenty of foods. So far, we LOVE it. It's quicker and easier than trying to keep up a logbook. Plus, because we have a PDA, it goes everywhere with us.

http://www.diabetespilot.com/index.php?ref=9

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I hope it helps.

Jana

3. wolf0008

wolf0008 New Member

Jana,

thanks for your reply. i will definitely look into it once i am better with self-management. but for now, i'm actually looking for an actual person who helps with diabetes management.

4. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

5. Jana

Jana Approved members

:eek: Oops. Now I feel a little silly...hehe. I guess you can tell I'm a little excited about the computer program.

6. teelduo

teelduo Approved members

Check with your local hospitals. They offer classes for diabetes control that are most generally paid for by your medical insurance.