- advertisement -

Looking for child care in Raleigh, NC - Help!

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by ponchpadilla, Apr 18, 2009.

1. ponchpadilla

ponchpadilla New Member

Hi,
    My wife and I are moving to the Raleigh, NC area in a couple of months. I just got back from a trip to visit a couple of child care providers.

A) They are very expensive (I have a 3 yr old with Type 1 and a 7 month old who does not have D). $2800 per month for the "chain" establishments.
    B) They do not seem super excited to be taking care of a child with Diabetes. Their answers seem to be geared towards the fact that they know they have the legal obligation to handle it.

I don't want my child to be cared for by someone who feels legally obligated to do so.

Does anyone know of any good resources to find less expensive ($2000/mo) child care with an experienced staff for the care of Type 1 in the Raleigh/Durham area?

2. kindallnelson

kindallnelson New Member

For $2000 a month, you should be able to find someone to come to your house and provide service! Maybe things are different there than they are in the midwest, but it seems to me that this is a huge sum!

Daycare providers around here get about $100 per week for 1 child and $175 for 2. This special needs, we would be looking at maybe $250 a week total!

You might want to try www.care.com They may be able to help you find someone. Also, you could try to find an individual to come to you who is taking nursing classes at night... there are so many reasons that could be a perfect fit!

Hope you find what you are looking for!