- advertisement -

Looking for a cottage school in the DFW area...

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by Julie, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Julie

Julie Approved members

Hello,

We live near DFW airport and I am looking for a cottage type school (or a very small private school).

Any tips appreciated.

2. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

What is a cottage school?

3. Debbie

Debbie Approved members

We live near DFW airport--towards Ft. Worth. My children go to a fairly small private school. We have been there since pre-k. We have a full time nurse who is excellent! If you would like details PM me.

4. Julie

Julie Approved members

It's a small sort of private school, the kids do most of their schoolwork at home and go to the "school" (which is either at a school, church, or someone's home) one or 2 days a week, and the kids sometimes do unit studies or other activities together.

5. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

There are several groups like this in my area of Texas. Two organizations use a church for classes just a few blocks from our home. One of the groups is called One Day Academy, but I couldn't immediately find any around the DFW airport area.

You ought to check out homeschool organizations in your area and ask other homeschoolers if they have a co-op you could join.

6. Julie

Julie Approved members

Thanks Amy, good idea.

Maybe someone will be "moved" to start a cottage school, actually I was working towards starting one when Stuart was dx'd...then that sort of went out the window.