- advertisement -

Long call on hold with Animas

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ecs1516, Mar 29, 2010.

1. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

First time I have ever had to call Animas and I am on hold forever. I never had this with Cozmo or Minimed. What's the deal???
    I am sitting listening to their on hold message over and over....:confused:

2. Toni

Toni Banned

I'm surpised. Animas support used to be very fast and good. In fact, it is much faster than the Minimed line. Hang up and call again or if you don't want' to lose your place in line, call on your cell.

3. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Finally I got somebody then I went on hold again because they had to transfer me to Lifescan because I had a problem with the Ping meter. The screen is getting ver yhard to read and it does not clean off. Are we the only ones to have this problem? I never had this with other brands of meters.

4. Gracie'sMom

Gracie'sMom Approved members

We have not had this problem with the meter. That is odd. We have had it for a year-and-a-half and the screen still looks new. Am surprised with the wait during the call, they have been very quick whenever we call.

5. sammysmom

sammysmom Approved members

Was an alcohol wipe maybe left on the meter screen? We did that once and it messed the screen up.

6. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

We have the 2020, not the Ping, so no clue on that. But I've never had any real wait with the customer service line. Thankfully (knock wood) it's been a while since I had to call.

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Yes, that is what happened too. But, we did that many times with a Flash or Accucheck with no problems.:confused:

8. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

We had alcohol covered fingers or wipes rub on our old One Touch meter and it did smear the screen so we have been super careful with the Ping remote so it won't happen to it.

Good luck!

9. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

I've never been on hold with Animas. I've always gotten someone live right away.

10. Tweety8

Tweety8 Approved members

I have never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes with Animas. I actually just wrote a really nice letter to the company last night because they are replacing my daughter's 2020 again (we'll get it tomorrow). I had the longest priming experience yesterday. It didn't shoot out the insulin until 24 units during prime??? So that worried me. I started over, had a normal prime where I lost about 11 units of insulin.

Anyway, the rep said that it could be the piston is not matching the cartridge and they just want to replace it in case it's a danger and withholding insulin.

I am super pleased with Animas!!