- advertisement -

liquid skin tac.. not sticking?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Cabins Crue, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Cabins Crue

Cabins Crue Approved members

Hello.. we usually use the skin tac wipes.. but I thought the liquid would last longer.. But the infusion site will not stick to it..am I doing something wrong?.. so frustrating.. any help would be great..

Thanks

2. Mouchakkaa

Mouchakkaa Approved members

are you making sure it is not wet when you put the site on. We put the skin tac on then wait a few minutes. I will touch around the edges to make sure it is not to wet but still is sticky.

3. CC'sMom

CC'sMom Approved members

Make sure you're not putting it on too thick. And then you need to let it sit up for a little bit. Takes less then a minute. Then apply your infusion. Hold it on for a few seconds and then it should be good to go.

4. Toni

Toni Banned

We use the wipes around the edges of the Dexcom tape. If tape starts to
    "lift" either put IV 3000 dressing over it (not that much help, but helps a little) or Sis puts a tiny bit of liquid and rubs over the top of the "lifting" tape. I know it is a small amount, not too wet.