- advertisement -

Lions Club Camp

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Abuchanan, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Abuchanan

Abuchanan Approved members

Just found out that Makaela got a sponser to go to Lions Camp in Kerrville Texas this Summer. I am so excited for her. I hope she learns alot!

2. MrsBadshoe

MrsBadshoe Super Moderator

HOw do you contact your local Lions club. I look up on line and mail letters to there meeting site and they are returned. Is there a better way?

PS congrats!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  3. russman

russman Approved members

How do you find a sponsor? I have the application for camp (in Kerville), but don't know where to begin finding a sponsor.
    If Ben gets to go, we'll have to meet up.
    Mrs. Russman (hijacking his account)

4. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

The Lions' camp in Kerrville will give you assistance in locating a sponsor. I would give them a call.

My son attended the Lions Camp in Kerrville when he was 8. In retrospect, he was too young to be away from home that long. I wish I had waited until he was older.

The next year, he went to Sweeney and then decided he didn't like over night camp.

After a 3 year break, he is going to give Sweeney another try.

5. Twinklet

Twinklet Approved members

A little OT: I miss Texas! We lived in Austin for 3 years after we were married, and I lived in Corpus Christi briefly before that. We met while living in Shreveport, LA (I see some of you are from Longview).

Hijack over, carry on! :)

6. kevin@diabetech.net

kevin@diabetech.net Approved members

See you in Kerrville

TLC is awesome. I'm part of med staff for the camp and my daughter turned 8 this year so she'll be going for the first time.

I'm there for the first session only this year.

Cheers,

7. Abuchanan

Abuchanan Approved members

I went online and requested a application and they sent it to me in the mail in couple of days. But we have a Lions Club member at our church that offered to sponser her. But I think if you just fill out the application and send it in, they will try and find you a sponser!

8. Momto4

Momto4 Approved members

I believe they will definately find you a sponsor if you are interested. My daughter is just not ready to be away from home for a week, but several of my friends have told me that they would find her a sponsor for me when we are ready. I got a brochure in the mail today for a camp in Oklahoma (Camp Endres). We live in TX, but use a Dr. in Oklahoma so we are on their mailing list as well. It is for children 8-16. If anyone is interested, the website is www.dsok.net. Sounds fun, but we are just not ready for overnight camp!