- advertisement -

Lilly

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by KeltonsMom, Jan 12, 2009.

1. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

Today I will be taking Lilly to the Vet and once I return home I will update you all to her status..

Her hard masses, I believe are bruises, because they are starting to get smaller, I will have the Vet look at them to make sure.

She now gets along with the cats and no longer chases them, anytime she did I would tell her no. She is very smart and is understanding the rules of the house and she is following the rules. She no longer gets up on any furniture without permission, and I am teaching her how to sit.

Last night I had my hand on her belly and felt movement :eek: I hope it is just her guts moving, but it may be puppies :eek: I will find out today..

There have been no calls about her and today will be day 5

2. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

I have been following the Lily story. I hope the vet visit goes well today. For your sake, I hope it is not puppies. Have you posted a picture yet and I missed it? I would love to see her.

3. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

I of course am partial to that name;), def. keep us posted.
    Good luck,
    Allene

4. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

thanks for keepiong us updated. i will be interested in seeing how it turns out

5. KeltonsMom

6. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

Good luck at the vet - you are blessing to the Animal World.

7. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

My dh keeps telling me we can't get a dog until the cats are gone. I keep telling him the cats are still young (6 & 3) and they will live a long time. If a stray came along and I took care of it he would probably end up being a softie and let me keep it. The problem is we don't have stray anything around here. I never see cats wandering around the neighborhood and the only dogs are always on a leash or in their own yards. I guess that is a good thing,though!

I want to get a standard poodle puppy some day and train it to be a therapy dog. It will be relatively easy, I think,since it will be living with Morgan. And, standard poodles are supposed to be quite intelligent.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  8. TEXSONMOM

Did anyone read the Sports Illustrated article about the Michael Vick dogs? It was truly heart-warming and it made me cry.

I would love to have a therapy dog like the one that was trained to be a reading buddy. What a great idea!!! Kids who have reading disabilities can practice reading out loud to their dog buddy. Eliminates the stress and embarrassment of reading to a critizing human.

9. KeltonsMom

Okay, I called the Vet and she has an appointment this morning at 9:45..I need to let her outside to get a poop sample..Oh joy, this will be fun :rolleyes::eek::eek:

10. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

I am so evil. I'm hoping for puppies. It's always fun when it's someone else. . .

11. KeltonsMom

LOL..Your bad..My only concern is that she was bred by a larger dog and this can be dangerous for a small dog to give birth to puppies that are too big..But until I know more about her and after the Vet has looked her over we won't know if the movement I felt was puppies or gas :rolleyes:

12. KeltonsMom

I am going to leave here in 10 minutes..I also need to deposit a check and get laundry detergent so I will be back with an update as soon as I can..

13. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

Oh, that wouldn't be fun anymore. Here's hoping for a dozen teeny, tiny puppies. . . .

14. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I keep coming back here waiting for an update. I just hope she is healthy. She sounds like she is a smart little girl.

15. BozziesMom

BozziesMom Approved members

Me too. :)

16. TEXSONMOM

Hurry hurry hurry backkkkkkkkkkk

17. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

I know!! Me too.

18. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

hope everything goes well at the appointment.. I wonder what your vet thinks about all these animals that show up at your door:D

waiting patiently for an update:)

19. KeltonsMom

I have some interesting news..She is at the Vet's office for diagnostic tests and on my way home I saw a poster and pulled over and looked at it and it had two pictures of Lilly AKA Missy on it..I called the woman and she was ecstatic that I found her and I was told that Missy belonged to her dad and her dad passed away two months ago.. She escaped out of their yard.

I told the woman that Missy is at the Vet's because of chronic vomiting..They told me they will pay the bill.

20. TEXSONMOM

Awww - Lilly/Missy has a home. Good job Teddy.