- advertisement -

Life's little wins.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by CaitlynGrisham, Apr 23, 2012.

1. CaitlynGrisham

CaitlynGrisham Approved members

Guess what today is? Free shower day! Time to bask in twenty minutes worth of disconnected/no pump shower bliss. I am thankful for my pump, but I also look forward to the times where I get to be completely free of my tubing/sites.

My question for all of you is: what are you thankful for today? :cwds:

2. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

I'm thankful for my husband and his ability to work from home, so I could take Ella to the endo today without lugging the other 5 along :)
    Awesome on the free showers. Ella always looks forward to hers too.

3. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

I'm thankful my son is such a trooper. Went to the orthopedic doc today with the expectation he'd get his wrist cast off...been in a cast for 6 weeks now...4 weeks up to the shoulder, 2 in a wrist cast. Although his wrist is technically healed, it is still tender, and the doc thought 2 more weeks in a wrist cast would be prudent after such a bad break (both bones were broken like sticks:eek:).

My son, who was so excited about getting that thing off, handled it so well without even one little complaint. We had lunch at McDonald's as a consolation prize!:cwds: Very proud of him today.

4. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

Sophie loves shower free days, too.

Today, I am thankful for her wonderful teacher who called at 7:30 this morning to make sure it was okay for Sophie to have a pepperment before they took their staars test and had already figured out the carb count for each one for me. She also asked "Does she need to put this in her pump?" which is reassuring to know that she understands that SOphie has to cover everything she eats.

5. tonnia

tonnia Approved members

my dd loves free shower days also. She takes extra long showers and takes forever to towel off, gather supplies and finally put on a new site! :)

6. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

I must be missing something, all my showers are pump free, and I'm disconnected at least an hour(I take the missed basal before I disconnect)

7. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

On the days when Sophie does a site change, she disconnects her pump and takes a shower without a site on. She loves those days and takes a longer shower than normal.

8. BittysMom

BittysMom Approved members

Oooooh. Thanks for explaining, I've been silently wondering! I'll bet that is a good feeling.