- advertisement -

...Life...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MyTMax08, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MyTMax08

MyTMax08 Approved members

Hard to believe that it has been 3 months since Maxim was diagnosed...feels like he's had this disease all of his life, that it has just become a routine. I remember what it felt like to be able to go and come or eat or drink or play hard without this check & quick fix stuff. I don't want his life to be considered a routine but unfortunately it is what we've got to do to keep him healthy and I can understand all of this but I have to look beyond it to in order to survive I guess. Maxim is being so responsible and careful and I don't regret that he has learned all of this...would he have paid as much attention to his life, his body, his health had it not been for all of this? Maybe. I trust he would've. He has always been a good boy and looks out for the best for himself and those around him. I admire our son. I look at him and wonder where this little guy got so smart (and who from, lol). He brings such peace & joy to my heart...that takes away all of the anger and the confusion that festers within; I just simply smile :) and see the beauty of life through him. I was so PROUD of his grades, he is on the honor roll = defeating this disease already :cool: it hasn't stopped him at all. I am blessed. I think that I have grown more and more each day because of Maxim. Thanking God for my Angel Bear tonight ;)

2. Darryl

Darryl Approved members

You've got the hang of it already! And so does he.

3. MyTMax08

Thanks Darryl...it finally feels like I (me personally) can manage this, too scared before and let go and let God several weeks ago = peace. He picked Maxim for a very important reason and I have to trust why! Blessings, Melissa

4. Adrienne

Adrienne Approved members

My daughter was diagnosed shortly before your son and I have the exact same feelings. It really does feel like a lifetime ago that life was simple and what I thought was stress and hard times looks like a walk in the park now. Your son sounds a lot like my daughter as far as being responsible - I too hate it's necessity at their age, but am thankful for it as well. Keep up the great work:)

5. MyTMax08

Thanks, as frustrating as can sometimes be I trust that we will be okay and never give up learning more!

6. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

I still miss the "ole" days...and maybe I always will...but I do admire my boy and his strength to live each and every day a "normal" life....We can't go back, but only move forward...and as we do I hope we get closer to a cure and I hope each and every day of research brings on something new to make my kids life with diabetes only easier and better...It is good to not be walking the "total fear" zone as I was 4 months ago...Will I ever not be afraid.. I doubt it, but I suppose that is needed to keep us on our toes..