- advertisement -

Levimere stinging?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Beach bum, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

One of the reasons we swapped Lantus for Levimere was 1)We needed to shake things up, Lantus wasn't working as well 2)No sting

We are doing untethered again this summer and now all of a sudden my daughter is complaining (loudly:eek:) that it stings. The only thing we are doing different is the pen needles, we are using the BD micros.

We will start icing to help the situation.

Anyone else experience the same thing?

2. Pauji5

Pauji5 Approved members

Every once in a while my son says the Levimir stings....Not sure why, and it's not like it's cold or given differently.....it's not very often.

3. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

Yes levimir still stings Daniel...but so can novolog...so don't know if Daniel is just extra sensitive.. But Lantus really really pained him..

4. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

I found it VERY itchy... so maybe it's not actually stinging, but itching?

5. Beach bum

Hmm, I will ask her.
    What I find is that it's the drop that stays behind is hitting the skin and that is what is causing either stinging/itching.

6. KRenee

KRenee Approved members

My daughter finds that any insulin given by syringe will sting. I think she is ultra sensitive and that pushing any amount of liquid under the skin is very uncomfortable for her.

7. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Make sure the insulin is not cold and also keep the needle in longer to reduce the amount of leakback. If there is leakback wipe it away quickly.

8. Beach bum

Yep, do this and she still complains. Though, I do wonder if she's just complaining in general about getting the shot;) And she's the one who asked to go untethered.

9. Christopher

I have gotten insulin on my skin often and it never stings so I am thinking that it is not from anything on the outer skin. Maybe it is psychological or, like you said, just complaining in general. Danielle goes through phases where she is more vocal about how much she hates diabetes and all the bad things associated with it, then other times she doesn't and just deals.

10. Beach bum

Though I wonder if the tiny pin hole from the injection leaves just enough exposure to create the stinging sensation?

Who knows:confused:

11. Christopher

Good point....