- advertisement -

Levemir Users....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by danielsmom, Sep 29, 2011.

1. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

Daniel is using Lantus...burn burn burn...not one day he doesn't feel its pain...so today with the educator (for training on using the novo jr pen)...he told her and she said she could get him switched to Levemir...She told me the difference is it doesn't seem to last as long in the system..

For those of you using it or that have switched, what is your opinion of it?

2. sarahspins

sarahspins Approved members

Many people use it and love it, but it doesn't seem to work as well for some people.

You would typically need two shots with Levemir. It does not burn like Lantus, but I would often get very large itchy welts at injection sites... it's one of several reasons I decided it wasn't for me several years ago, but I still feel like it was worth trying :)

3. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

My son was on Levemir for the first 5 months. He didn't complain about it any more than the Novolog. One shot covered him for 24 hours, but he was 2 at the time and was still honeymooning, so I don't know how it would work under your conditions.

4. danielsmom

danielsmom Approved members

My son is still honeymooning...I realize it may need tweaking, but I certainly wouldn't want to give two shots if that wasn't necessary...

5. Butterfly Betty

Butterfly Betty Approved members

Sophie started out on Lantus, and complained about the burn,too. It wasn't working as well for us, so we switched to Levimer. She takes two shots a day, 3 units in the morning, 7 at dinner. We're still trying to find the right balance for her as she still tends to wake up higher than we'd like.

6. RacerWife7

RacerWife7 Approved members

When my son was on shots, we used Levemir. He only got ONE shot of it a day; not two. ???