- advertisement -

Last minute trip and I have to leave my D kid

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by goochgirl, Aug 9, 2011.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

... with my parents for 5 days. I found out today, so there wasn't much time to prepare. My older kids will be with him to help out, as well. I've never left him overnight. Last week, I left him with my mother for the day for the first time, and she did pretty well.
    I will do a site change in the morning before my flight and talk my mother through it. Every time, for the past 3 years, that I've tried to get her to watch, she'd say "not now". Tomorrow, it will be trial by fire. She has no choice. She will have to be able to do one while I'm gone. My husband will be around to help in the evenings, but he's not particularly competent with site changes, either; he won't do them unless I force him with "what if something happens to me?"

I should be available to her by cel phone most of the time, but also told her to refer to the wisdom of the forum if I can't be reached. I'm a nervous wreck!

2. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

If there are any families there close to where you are I hope they PM you with their phone numbers ... in case of an emergency and you can feel comfortable enough that someone can come rush to your house and do a site change. You know, just in case.