- advertisement -

Lab quality glucose meter

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by rulestein, Feb 3, 2013.

1. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I think part of the issue with accuracy has less to do with the meters and more to do with strip storage- I think a lot of strips go bad without people noticing. I especially think I get bad batches sometimes.

2. Mish

Mish Approved members

That could very well be. We had a very bad run of about a year where meter average and sensor average were FAR off of the a1c. Just made no sense. But the last a1c in Nov was much closer and our next is this week,so I'm dying to see if it's close again.

honestly, when we started getting the newly redesigned boxes (I'm not talking the butterfly strips, I mean they actually changed the box design) it was as if we were getting newly redesigned strips. I actually wondered if they HAD changed something.

3. steph

steph Approved members

our endo uses an accucheck meter. i think within 15-20% is reasonable. sometimes we check with multiple meters if we're at home and get a suspicious number, but they are always within about 10% of each other. i certainlay wouldn't want to shell out a lot of cash for someting i could get for free that works nearly as well.

i also second the idea that the OP might be in the "i can control this disease" phase. i was there for a while... if i just measure accurately enough or get the dose just right she will always be in range. Life became so much more enjoyable when i let that go and stopped feeling like a bad mom everytime DD went high or low. Now I'm in what I call the "good enough" phase. it's much less stressful.