- advertisement -

Kayla is pumping!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kaylas mom, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Kaylas mom

Kaylas mom Approved members

Her basal should kick on in about 10 mins or so. She gave herself one bolus in the office and just did another one for dinner. I am slightly nervous about the basal kicking in. She was 181 before the pump got put in and she is at 81 right now after the first bolus. I guess we will see what her numbers show in 2 hours.

2. momtoirishtwins

momtoirishtwins Approved members

Congrats!! Connor started pumping Saturday, and we have been LOVING it. His numbers have been excellent. I know it isnt guaranteed to stay that way but we are enjoying it for the time being! :)
    We did have one snafu yesterday when my mom was watching him. He had been playing with my siblings, and somehow his site had come out. He actually stayed low for a few hours because he had been so active, so he was fine by the time we were able to go home and hook up his new site. *note to self, bring extra site supplies*

3. joan

joan Approved members

good luck with the pump!!

4. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Great to hear you have had a good start. Very smooth! Let us know how you all get on.

5. Brandi's mom

Brandi's mom Approved members

Congrats!!!

6. jilmarie

jilmarie Approved members

Congrats to Kayla!