- advertisement -

Juvenile Arthritis, any other kids here with it?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by liasmommy2000, Feb 12, 2016.

1. liasmommy2000

liasmommy2000 Approved members

I haven't posted in quite a while here (my signature is probably all off, Lia is almost 16 now). She's been feeling unwell in various ways for several years. Long story but she was diagnosed with Polyarticular Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis last week. Wondering if there are any others here with this and Type 1. I believe I had seen some in the early years of Type 1 when I hung out here much more often.

She also has issues with anxiety, learning issues (short term/working memory deficits etc) and acid reflux. So far her teen years have not been good and she's really struggling academically, socially etc.

Anyway if anyone has any input on JIA and diabetes, let me know.

2. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

Hi. My 12 year old daughter is in a similar situation - T1 and JIA. She's not in the teen years yet, but it's been a rough 1-2 years for her health. She has an appointment in March and I'm pretty sure it's going to confirm a 4th auto-immune issue. Not surprising, she is having some anxiety/control issues and I'm looking for someone she would be comfortable talking to about it.

As far as the T1/JIA combo, I haven't seen any fall out from one into the other. No patterns for BG changes during flares, for instance. There have been a few medication changes but she's in a pretty good spot right now (*knock wood*) with flares so I feel pretty good about the one she's on right now. The only complication has been her Dexcom. Lots of receiver issues and Dexcom is pretty pushy about it being medication related (even though I have verified that none contain acetaminophen)...but she's on other meds so I can't say that it's definitely the JIA one.