- advertisement -

Just an update on the restaurant

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Danielle2008, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Danielle2008

Danielle2008 Approved members

....I had posted a few months back about my dad and brother opening up a Restaurant together.

They 'officially' opened up last night. Although, we won't have the actual liquor for another week or so (disappointing, but it's coming!). So it is the 'soft' opening at the moment.

They did a local interview, and I just wanted to share. My brother is the first one talking(yes, the same kid in my avatar when we were young LOL), and then my dad is the one that ends it.

http://vimeo.com/16412480

Another video that explains the "Spent Grain" Pizza dough a bit more, and how they thought of the concept:

http://vimeo.com/16042661

Having been part of watching the process, and continuing to watch the process...I am really proud of the two.

2. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Neat! I still don't think I understand spent grain. Is that after it is 'cooked' for beer? I make whole grain pizza by grinding dough but this is different.

3. Danielle2008

Carol,
    I wouldn't be the best person to try to explain it either! I can just tell you it is really good though, LOL!

I don't know if I will explain it any better. The dough contains the grains leftover from the brewing process. Hence the name "Spent Grains". Does that make sense? So yes, I guess it would be how you are thinking...after the beer is brewed(or 'cooked' as you put it), they use the leftover grains for the dough.

4. buggle

buggle Approved members

We were down at Children's today and went out for a late lunch afterwards. I was wondering if your family had opened the restaurant yet. We'll definitely give it a try next time we go down. What is the address?

I want to wait until the beer is flowing, though. :p

5. MyBoys'Mom

MyBoys'Mom Approved members

I'd love the address too if you wouldn't mind. We have our BDC appt next week. Our usual thing is SmashBurger at the old Stapleton afterwards, but this may be a new tradition!

6. Danielle2008

Rella and Sally,
    Here is the address:

6730 S Cornerstar Way
    Ste D
    Aurora, CO 80016

We'd absolutely love to have you and your families stop in:) . I do know where it is located it is about 25 minutes or so from BDC...so it isn't right there

Rella, we will DEFINITELY have the beer next time you have a BDC appointment!! I believe they are thinking around Thanksgiving.

Here is another article detailing a bit more some of the beers they will have in house(also, there is a link at the bottom which shows the other options on our menu....we don't have just pizza!)

http://www.thrillist.com/denver/food-dining/2010/11/01/dad-%26-dudes-breweria

7. buggle

buggle Approved members

We had an appointment at Barbara Davis Center today, so we decided to check out Dad and Dude's. Anyone in the Denver area or who has an appointment at BDC or Children's ought to trek a bit further south to check this place out. We loved it and have decided to make it a BDC appointment tradition.

Brendan had homemade root beer, which he completely loved. Hubby and I had the restaurant's own brew. It was good! It reminded me of the English beers we had on tap when we lived there. The pizza was really, really good -- definitely the best in the region we've had. Great atmosphere, wonderful friendly waitress, fast service, even good music. I can't think of one thing that we didn't like, except that it's so far away from us. That's probably a good thing, based on how much we ate! :p

8. joan

joan Approved members

It looks great!! I wish them the best of luck..

9. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I just mapquested it and it is less than 8 miles from me, so I called one of my girls and told her the next time they want to go out for pizza, I want to try this place.

10. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Danielle,
    Is that by the 24 hour fitness where all those shops/restaurants are?
    I was just over there Sunday during the storm. I'm out that way every other weekend as Sam has indoor baseball practice near there. I"m not sure if I have your email, can you pm me? I'll let you know when we are out there again

11. sisterbeth43

We are trying it out tonight. Will let you know what we think,

12. sisterbeth43

It was great and I had the pleasure of meeting Danielle and her father.

13. buggle

buggle Approved members

Did you guys have pizza, Beth, or something else? Brendan is completely taken with the root beer. He says they should sell it nationally. :p

14. Danielle2008

I didn't realize this thread was popped back up! I am so thrilled some of you stopped in!!

Thank you for thinking of us and stopping in!:cwds::cwds:

Were you guys standing outside the restaurant, reading the menu before coming in? If so, it was my dad who came out and told you guys to come in(even though, you were there to eat anyway LOL)!

I'm glad you all enjoyed it, and that Brendan loved the root beer! I'll have to tell Bard(our brewmaster) what Brendan said...he'll love to hear it!!

Just thrilled to hear you all enjoyed it. About what time were you guys there? I was working there, but had to take off early for a riding lesson. I would have loved to meet you guys! Maybe next time!

Yes, there is a 24 hour fitness there! You know where they are doing all that construction on Arapahoe and Parker rd(for that new overpass), it is in the 'Corner Star'. Where the Target, First bank etc. is.

I'll send you a PM now with my email! Would love for you guys to stop by!

Sister Beth, it was so nice to meet you! I wish I would have had the opportunity to really talk with you. My brother, SIL, and their kids just flew in from Arizona (my sister's little girl is having her birthday party tomorrow!), and it was hectic at our table. I could barely hear anyone LOL
    I am so glad you enjoyed it.

If anyone has the Quality Connection magazine we have an ad with coupons in there. Be sure to check it out for some good savings, too!

15. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

Congrats - I just send my girlfriend from Aurora the info and address. Her and her family LOVE pizza.

16. buggle

buggle Approved members

That was us, Danielle -- the hippy family. :p Your dad has a great demeanor and you can tell that he and your brother put a lot of attention to detail and thought about everything. It's a great place and I can see why you're so proud. I would be too!

17. Danielle2008

MissMadison, Thank you for passing along the information! Any support is wonderful:cwds:

Rella, That is too funny! My dad mentioned about a family that was reading the menu, and he had gone out to invite them in. I put two and two together, and asked my dad if that family had a young boy with them. It was you guys! He really liked your family, said that is the type of people he wants in there:cwds:.

It has certainly been fun to see them working at this together. As the daughter, and sister...maybe a bit entertaining, too? LOL

Just for fun....a group shot taken when they did the photos for the Quality Connection ad.

My brother Mason is "Dude", myself, and my Dad

[​IMG]

"Dude" and "Dad"
    [​IMG]

and our main brewmaster! This guy is NEAT. He does Ironman competitions, and is just great with people coming in.

[​IMG]

18. buggle

buggle Approved members

Besides how nice the place is and how good the food and drinks, this is what really makes the place special for us... it is so rare to go into a restaurant where you can have everything made in-house, including the drinks. We despise most chains and won't go to them. The horrible quality, mass-produced food is awful -- even if they "cook" the food in their restaurant and just don't stick ready-made in a microwave, the components of the food are usually bought and mass-produced from the lowest quality they can find. So, we really appreciated the care that went into making everything from scratch and choosing good quality ingredients. There aren't many people out there who care about these things anymore.

19. emm142

emm142 Approved members

I wish I was closer.. Everything sounds wonderful. Shame about the long haul flight that would be necessary to get there. :p

20. Tricia22

Tricia22 Approved members

So... tell me more about this brother of yours... *wink* I will likely be moving soon for job stuff (just finished nursing school and the likelihood of getting a job where I am now is just not looking too great) should I consider Denver as a possible location to start thenext phase of my life?

Just kidding Danielle... he IS very handsome though! :eek: