- advertisement -

Just a vent

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by sisterbeth43, May 26, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I just need to vent and I can't do it on FB. My youngest dd moved in with me a couple of weeks ago. She had a job, but was fired this am due to another girl (one that we have helped out quite a bit), told the boss some lies about her and he chose to believe the other girl. She was supposed to get paid today since Monday is a holiday and the boss said he would mail her the check as he didn't have time to make it out before she left. I don't know what we are going to do. I can't afford to support her--I am barely supporting myself. I know there is nothing anyone can do, I just needed to vent. Thanks for reading.

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I'm sorry, Beth.:(

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

Beth, I'm so sorry to hear of your and your daughter's struggles. I hope she is able to find a new job quickly.

4. Wendy12571

Wendy12571 Approved members

Beth,
    I am sending you major hugs and good job vibes for your daughter.
    Wendy

5. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Beth, I'm sorry. :(

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

I'm so sorry, Beth. :( We're all here to help you any way we can. :cwds:

7. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

I'm sorry :( Hope things start to turn around for both of you!

8. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Approved members

sorry to hear about this .
    Couldn't she sue for wrongful dismissal? Don't they need to show cause to terminate employment where you live?
    Do they have unemployment insurance where you live?

Maybe she could find work doing child care for kids w. D since she probably has knowledge and could learn the specifics if needed ?

9. sooz

sooz Approved members

Hope things are looking up soon.

10. lisab

lisab Approved members

So sorry Beth.... Hope your daughter's check is in the post... and that she finds a new job soon!!

11. sisterbeth43

Thanks all. She is working for the same company now, but out of a different office. She also has an interview set up for another job. She has not been paid yet,but the regional supervisor has told her he thinks her former boss does not have the money to pay her and he will see to it that she gets paid.

12. lynn

lynn Approved members

I'm so happy to hear that things are looking up! I have been wondering.

13. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

So sorry to hear about your situation. I do think there might be more hope than you are feeling right now amidst the struggles:

Perhaps your older children who are working could contribute to your household, friends, neighbors, church, and charities may also be willing to help, food pantries for example offer free food which reduces strain on other parts of the budget, if your dd who lost her job can get another then she can contribute too, and lastly with an extra kid in the household then you may qualify for government benefits that you may not have qualified for before.

14. selketine

selketine Approved members

If you're in Colorado (from your signature I'm guessing you are!) then she was due her paycheck within 24 hours at the latest: http://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/em...n-resources/final-paycheck-laws-by-state.html

There are penalties for breaking the law on this.

I am unclear if she is working for the same company but at a different office at the moment however - if she is back working then it could change things of course. I hope it all works out.:cwds:

15. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Sorry to hear that Beth. She needs to get out there and start job hunting!

Hang in there...:cwds:

16. sisterbeth43

She does have another job. She sells Rainbow Vacuums and was working in one office that fired her and is now in another. As soon as she gets paid, she will start to contribute. @Lakeman, I can't get any assistance for another child living here. She is an adult and I am on SS. I don't have any other children living with me. Hopefully things will soon settle down. Right now most of our meals are coming from stuff I had the foresight to freeze for a 'rainy' day. We will make it. I may get down sometimes, but I always get back up. Those of you who have known me for any length of time know that about me. Also, I have faith that God is on my side--sort of like the Footprints in the Sand poem. When I am down, He will carry me. Thank you all for your concern. At least this thread is still open and not deleted as one of my threads a few months ago. A couple of people came in and started a big fuss-not with what I had posted, but about someone elses answer (and there was nothing wrong with their reply). By the time I got back to my computer, the whole thread was deleted.

17. lynn

lynn Approved members

I hope she gets her paycheck soon! That's ridiculous to take so long.

I don't want to derail your thread here, but I have a question about Rainbow vacuums I am wondering if your daughter would be willing to help me with? I have a cleaning job once a week and the homeowner has a Rainbow that she doesn't really know how to use. I would like to use attachments but can't figure it out.

18. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Hi Beth. I'm glad things are looking up. ;)

Heather from CA (you know, Seth's mom) sold those vacs for a while, I think. Perhaps she could help R get off to a good start? Bet she knows all the ins and outs of the company and the merchandise.

Hope things keep improving :cwds:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  19. Lee

Lee Approved members

I am glad she got another job so quickly and I am hoping she gets some steady income to help you with. I hope she is helping ease your burden and not adding to it.

And fixed incomes suck a%$.

20. sisterbeth43

Lynn send me your email and I will have her contact you. Sarah, she has been selling them for over two years now and is actually pretty good at it. She just had some problems with her boss and because of some of his actions in the last two months, he may be losing his contract with the company.