- advertisement -

just a sad moment - I need hugs

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by BeerMargaritaMom, Jun 15, 2010.

1. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Big hugs coming to you from the North Coast of Ohio! We all truly understand how you feel, and no doubt each of us has had many many moments just like you did, I certainly know I have those...

Take good care of yourself. You are an AWESOME Mom and you are doing a GREAT job taking care of your children!

2. nanhsot

nanhsot Approved members

Huge huge [[[HUGs]]] coming your way. I'm pretty new to all this, and I had a few good months of thinking that my sadness was tucked away somewhere safe and tight and I was handling things. Well, all day yesterday I was much like you, for no known reason, just sobbing uncontrollably. I hate this disease and I hate what it is doing to my previously carefree joyful teenager. I hate what it is doing to my family.

Sigh. If it's company you need, you've got it! You are definitely not alone, definitely not crazy (I cried for about half my walk yesterday too, but no one saw me!), and definitely supported.

3. browneyesjt

browneyesjt Approved members

Christina, I know how you feel 100%. You are not alone. I also have 2 kids with T1D, with the same frustrations & feelings that you have.

As someone previously wrote, I also envy some parents who have "healthy" kids, who are able to eat whatever they want, whenever they want without having to worry if they will be High at their next BG check or hoping you calculated correctly so they will be "in range".

I also cry unexpectedly and wish things were different :(

Sending big (((((HUGS)))) to you and your family. You are doing a great job, hang in there, take care of yourself because you are very important to your family....:)

4. spamid

spamid Approved members

big hugs!!!!!!!

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I totally get the feeling of everything just kind of chugging along fine and then D sends an arrow right to your heart, just when you least expect it. It can truly be emotionally staggering.

Big hugs to you. It's definitely a marathon, not a sprint, and some of those miles are just ridiculously hard.

6. BeerMargaritaMom

BeerMargaritaMom Approved members

Thank you everyone that sent hugs and words of encouragement my way. The orignal arrow to the heart (hawkeyegirl :) ) was painful but the unexpected second blow last night was just as surprising and painful. I was fine, commenting on anothers post and catching up on older posts when the whole snack thing hit me. I am better today, the kids are doing great and I once again thankful for the CWD forums and all of you.
    I too look around at families at the pool, movies, and birthday parties and suddenly I am humming Nick Jonas's song and singing his chorus line "you don't know what you got till it's gone" in my head while praying he is right that it is "just a little bit longer" until we can celebrate a cure.

Thank you again dear CWD family for your kind words, shared experiences and hugs. they all mean so much to me.

Cheers all.