- advertisement -

Just a reminder.

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by FeeferGross, Aug 14, 2009.

1. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

Hey everyone, this is Jessica, posting on Chris' account, because frankly, I forgot the password to mine. :p
    Anyhow.
    I am a member of a website based on a petsite.
    I befriended a girl, we'll call her Del.
    I got really close with this girl, and she was terrified about an upcoming heart surgery, so many nights I was up late with her, calming her down and telling her everything would be okay.
    She went on about how they were going to stop her heart and then shock it and bring it back.
    Um. What does that help, exactly?
    So honestly, I was extremely wary to begin with, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. She also had one of my friends staying up with her, giving her sympathy, everything.
    Anyway, when the day of the big surgery arrived, she informed me that she would have her "sister" update me. I then knew for sure she was completely fake. But to find out, I blocked my cell phone number and called her during her supposed surgery, and to my surprise, there was an answer. Now, I knew her voice, so I knew it was her. Just to be sure, I played stupid and asked who it was, which she then told me "This is Del".
    I told her I had the wrong number and hung up, then proceeded to tell the other girl who she had in her little lie. I recorded the phone conversation. Anyway, her "sister" was texting me after that phone call to inform me that "Del" had slipped into a coma, and the doctors didn't know what was going on, then I busted her in the lie, to which she then stopped responding to my texts. Until "Del" woke up, that is.
    So "Del" starts asking me what's wrong, and I tell her to just leave me alone, and that I knew her lies, and then when I gave her the recording, she admitted to it, claiming she was a hypochondriac and frequently made up medical disorders and surgeries to get attention. But then, she made up another--- JRA.
    So, I told her I would believe her if she could tell me what it was, WITHOUT looking it up on google, when she couldn't she admitted that was a lie, also.
    Anyway, the gist of this post is to remind everyone that liars and fakers can be anywhere, and to remain wary, but to also, in every case, give people the benefit of the doubt, until the facts prove otherwise.
    I love all of you here, I frequently lurk, and I love reading about each and every one of you.
    If you got this far in the post, congrats, and thank you for reading.
    Also, most of this was a vent.. so. =/ Thanks for reading, I feel a bit better.

2. Shadow

Shadow Approved members

Mum remembers this person, on the forum. D;
    -pat-

3. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

Saddest part? It wasn't that girl, I remember her too.
    It's a completely different one.

4. Jilleighn

Jilleighn Approved members

That stinks, I am sorry you had that happen.

5. danismom79

danismom79 Approved members

This is exactly why I don't get into personal relationships with people on the internet.

6. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

Oh Yuck!! I am sorry that happened to you. ((hugs))

7. luvmyboyz

luvmyboyz Approved members

First I liked to say WOW! Some people are unbelievable!

Second, believe it or not my husband had heart surgery about 5 years ago for WPW (Wolfe, Parkins and White syndrome) and they did stop his heart (because it was so irregular) and paddled him to restart it. He had little paddle burns on him.

8. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

crap..I figured eventually we'd meet you. LOL.

9. danismom79

I was thinking there are a few people I'd love to meet (you included), but I can't make that leap yet! I did meet a couple of families from here at a weekend camp thing and it wasn't all weird or anything, haha.

I don't know how people go exchanging numbers and whatnot quickly after meeting people, though. Maybe I watch too much Dateline...

10. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Yes, it's always good to be aware that liars and fakers are everywhere on the internet.

11. danismom79

I can't imagine the kind of sad, sorry, pitiful lives some people must live to go to such lengths just for a bit of attention. I mean, I understand being lonely, but to have the gall to consciously deceive other people... that's something else, and I have no sympathy.

12. frizzyrazzy

well said.. I've heard some whoppers of stories ...many of them here....

lol

13. danismom79

...and very recently...

14. frizzyrazzy

;)
    very very recently.

15. hawkeyegirl

I hear ya, sister. When those sorts of things happen...

Whoops! Hold that thought! My conjoined octuplets just woke up and I have to feed them. Back in a jiffy!

16. danismom79

Yeah, those big ol' 10 lb preemies must be starving!

17. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Did I miss something?

I agree, that it is sad when people feel they need to lie to have people pay attention to them. If she really is a hypochondriac and knows it, why is she not getting help for it? Sad.

I think I am too trusting as I believe most everything someone tells me.

18. frizzyrazzy

nah, you're not missing anything Kristi - we're just poking fun at some of our more recent memorable fakers that have come here with their whoppers of stories. it's like a blessed soap opera - we've had all sorts of weird ones.

Karla, I don't know how you nurse all those octos at once. lol

19. hawkeyegirl

Well, having been born with six nipples helps. Two of them just have to wait until there's room at the bar.

20. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

ROFLMAO:D

message too short