- advertisement -

Joined the club

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Omo2three, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

We finally decided to join the YMCA. Oh yea we are one buff family...OH my aching muscles...We try to go 3-4 times a week. MY kids love it, the boys run and weight train.

Ambrea started weight training too. Then she gets on the elliptical....and my first thought is NIGHT CHECKS. :eek:

2. Boo

Boo Approved members

Congratulations...and good for you all that you're using it as a family! That should keep you all going regularly! Our problem is that my youngest isn't old enough to use the machines yet (weight and treadmill/elliptical), so at least one of us always feels like we need to stay and swim with him.

My husband and I started our New Year's weight loss/get in shape plan. We'll see how long it lasts, but we are going to Hawaii in March, so that is good incentive!

3. shekov

shekov Approved members

I LOVE our YMCA. We've been memebers on and off for years.

I used it alot when my 2 older kids were home with me so I could work out while they were at a class or in the childcare room. When dd was dx i quit since I didn't trust them with D. Overprotective, I know. :eek:

I think we'll join again now that the kids are older and can do more on their own.

I have GREAT memories of being a young kid free to roam our Y, swim, run around the gym, whatever, while my parents did.....whatever.:D

4. chkpea

chkpea Approved members

we are members too and need to get back to using it again...come to think of it I think I will go tomorrow.

5. susan

susan Approved members

We joined Sunday..I have been everyday this week and the kids love the childcare..Davis has only been twice since he is in school but I told them about his d and one of the girls in there said her best friend was type 1 so she knew what to look for:)

6. Omo2three

that is great! And you are on the premises so if they have troubles your right there.

Ambrea always goes low with our pumping...I think we need to lower the temporary basals even more. At 20% we get lows...so maybe 40 -50%

She usually drops to 66 or 63 at the end of the work out

7. Omo2three

hey just so you know if you have friends that are members tell them upfront what their names are and they get a free month.

We didn't think we knew anyone at the y when we joined...turns out several of our friends are members. :cwds: