- advertisement -

John was missing this morning

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by mapoe4, Feb 19, 2010.

1. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

Dh checks on the kids when he gets up around 5:30am. He woke me up saying he couldn't find John.
    It took about 15 minutes for me to find him.
    He was sleepiing in our closet.
    He decided when he got up in the middle of the night to make himself a bed in the closet.

2. zimbie45

zimbie45 Approved members

HOW SCARY!!! Glad you found him

3. swellman

swellman Approved members

I'm almost certain my heart would have stopped at the 10 minute mark. :eek:

4. emm142

emm142 Approved members

When I was much younger, we lost my brother. He must have been about 8 or 9 at the time, and he slept right upstairs in the loft room and had a tendency to sleepwalk. My dad was looking after us, and he went up there at 10AM one morning when Matt hadn't come downstairs yet, and his sheets were a mess at the side of his bed and Matt wasn't there. Dad was running around the house, the garden etc. asking all of us if we'd seen him, and couldn't find him anywhere... I'll never forget the look of absolute panic on his face.

When he'd looked everywhere else he went back up to Matt's bedroom (he was so worried, getting ready to call the police) and went back over to his bed. Matt had fallen down the side next to the wall slightly and was totally covered by his sheets.. You would never have guessed he was in there he was so well hidden. Dad was pretty relieved that he didn't have to tell Mum he'd lost her son! ;)

5. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

That is too funny!

A similar thing happened to us when Morgan was about 3 yrs. old. I know, you are thinking how could a severely disabled child get away from his parents, but it happened. Mike worked overnight and when he came home in the morning he woke me and asked if Morgan was in bed with me, I said "no." He said he wasn't in his bed and I told him he had to be. Mike looked again and came back and told me he was not there. I jumped out of bed and went in his room and found him asleep UNDER his bed. He had a toddler bed with a side rail at the time, but still managed to squirm his way out thru the opening at the top of the bed and somehow managed to get under the bed. It just goes to show, if someone has enough desire to do something they can accomplish it!!!! :D

6. Toni

Toni Banned

Glad you found him. Camping out already......

7. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

very funny!!!

same thing happened to us. I had come home from 3-11 shift around midnight. DH had put child to bed so I would always check on them. she must have been 3 or 4. wasn't in bed. was asleep under dinning room table. I'm not really sure if he put her to bed or just let her fall asleep whereever she was.:D

8. Andrew's Mom

Andrew's Mom Approved members

When I was pregnant with Andrew I still had nap time with my oldest two. I had fallen asleep on the couch for a little bit. When I woke up I couldn't find my oldest DS. After a little panic I found him asleep in the laundry hamper.

View attachment 2133

9. mjtjmcouch

mjtjmcouch Approved members

Cathy, that is classic!

10. mapoe4

mapoe4 Approved members

For some reason my kids have always fell asleep in one place and woke in another. As long as I can see that the doors are still locked, I don't worry to much about John because he is usally in a different place. Most of the time if he can't be found he is either under the bed or under the couch.

11. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

I can relate to that because when Justin was in middle school he asked if a friend of his could spend the night. We agreed but the problem was that his friend forgot to call his parents to let them know he was spending the night here so around 6 AM the next morning we were abruptly woken up by a panic stricken/hysterical mom beating on our front door asking if her son was here. I think you can easily imagine the flood of relief she felt when she found her child was indeed safe and sound and all was well. Lesson learned was that from that point on anytime a friend asked to spend the night and we agreed, the first thing we'd do was hand them the phone and tell them to call their parents and let them know right now.

12. sunnydays

sunnydays Approved members

That is so cute!