- advertisement -

John Met Senator Feinstein

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by JohnMom, Aug 27, 2009.

1. JohnMom

JohnMom Approved members

John and about 10 other people had a chance to meet with Senator Diane Feinstein today in her S.F. office today as part of the Promise to Remember Me campaign. It was a wonderful meeting and she gave each of the kids an autographed painting that she drew. I did not realize that she was such a good artist. It was a once in a life time opportunity that I just had to share. John is still taking about it.

[​IMG]

2. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

What a great experience for John. I'm so happy for him.

3. gboysmom

gboysmom Approved members

That is sooo neat! Great for him! :D

4. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

Hey that's pretty cool!

5. Barbzzz

Barbzzz Approved members

Very very cool. I'm sure John will remember that for a long time.

6. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

That's great.. I bet he will hang on to that picture for years to come!!

7. czardoust

czardoust Approved members

Im so happy you got to go! Katerina loves meeting with the congressman in different JDRF oppurtunities. It makes a impact, however big or small. It is also something the kids will look back on as they grow up.

8. CButler

CButler Approved members

What a neat experience. Thanks for sharing.

9. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

What a wonderful experience.

If you feel like it in your follow-up thank you for meeting with you..., you may want to enlist her help with the debacle in California for children with diabetes who have no school nurse and no one to administer insulin etc.. Sen. Feinstein is champion for children with diabetes.

10. JohnMom

JohnMom Approved members

I will! We have 1 district nurse for 12 elem, 4 middle and 3 high schools. I know of 4 kids whose parents pulled them from the public school at the end of the year, due to lack of care. One kid had to wait 2 hours with her BG at 300 before they could get someone to ok the adjustment even though her health plan stated what the adjustment should be. The sad part about it her mother is a teacher at one of the elem. school.

Our son is homeschooled, we tried private and public neither one fit for him. Partly because of his D., the other part due to his intellectual level. The GATE program is also non-existent and he was just plan bored. I don't know how much weight I will carry because of him being homeschooled, but I am going to say my part anyways.