- advertisement -

JDRF School walk help

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by WendyTT, Apr 11, 2009.

1. WendyTT

WendyTT Approved members

Hi everyone. Has anyone on here ever been in charge of their child's school's JDRF WAlk? I have talked Lindsay's school into doing a JDRF Walk in June and I'm in charge of it but I have never even attended a school walk and feel totally lost as to where to even start! I have talked with our local JDRF and they helped but I didn't get the low down on the basics of what to do--anyone out there that can help? :)

2. pdxmom

pdxmom Approved members

Wendy,

I just sent you a PM!

Debbie

3. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I'm helping with a school walk. The education days are april 20-21. I will pm you after it and let you know what we did.

4. toohughey

toohughey Approved members

We have run our school walk for the last 3 years. Our kids wear uniforms and they pay $3 to wear jeans and a shirt. We also Email all the families to link them to the JDRF website and they can donate to the team there.

We also invite everyone to come walk with us wearing the school uniform shirts. I print out team stickers for the parents and kids to show we are together. It is pretty small stuff, but we raised around $1100 last October.

This year I feel I am ready to give an education class to the upper level classes-7,8,and 9th graders.

Good luck!!

TRACY