- advertisement -

JDRF- Nordstrom Beat the Bridge

Discussion in 'Fundraising Activities' started by reneefentress, Apr 28, 2009.

1. reneefentress

reneefentress New Member

Hi,

Unlike many of you who are a part of this forum, I am not personally affected by Type-I diabetes. I am, however, going to "race for a cure" during Nordstrom's 27th Annual Beat the Bridge to Beat Juvenile Diabetes (all proceeds go to JDRF).

27 years ago a Nordstrom employee's son was diagnosed with Type-1. In an effort to find his son a cure, he started a 5K race to raise funds for JDRF. The first year had 4 runners...and now, 27 years later, there are thousands. I work for Nordstrom, and every year employees within the company take it upon themselves to start teams, find volunteers, and raise money to support their community. Last year we raised over $1 million dollars.

Because I have no personal connection to Juvenile Diabetes, it is hard for me to get my friends and family to donate to this cause. I am hoping that you can pledge support, as I am only trying to support you - a dollar, two, five, whatever you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Just click here to donate. You can also learn more about me and why I chose to participate in this event!

http://www.beatthebridge.org/site/TR/Events/General?px=1279585&pg=personal&fr_id=1110

Thanks so much,
    Renee