- advertisement -

JDRF Ad - Hypoglycemia

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Aaron Kowalski, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooz

sooz Approved members

Are you saying now that statistics don't matter? It wouldn't matter to you if there had been a 5% chance of dying from a low or a 2.5% chance? That 5% is DOUBLE the 2.5% chance, you know. Would you feel better if there were only a .05% chance or would you feel better if there were a 20% chance? Or would you just be heartbroken, which is what my point has been all along.

2. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Did you find yet where I said that?

Seriously, do you not understand the difference between OBJECTIVELY looking at the odds of a particular thing happening and how you would feel about it if it actually happened to your child?

3. Jeff

Jeff Founder, CWD

The passion expressed in many of the posts here clearly reflects the frustration we all feel from the daily challenges that living with type 1 brings, to say nothing of our hunger for a cure that appears to be disappointingly far away.

I'm going to close this thread and ask that everyone take a step back and remember that we are not at war with each other. We are allies in the daily task of helping our loved ones (or ourselves) live well with type 1 diabetes. Let us all bring our polite voices to these discussions and realize, again, that the enemy is diabetes, not each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.