- advertisement -

It's that time again...ROLL CALL!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brensdad, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Madisonsmom

Madisonsmom Approved members

I am Susan mom to two Madison 11 and Miranda 13and stepmom of two Kara 16 and Matthew 18. I have been married for 14 years to Wendell who still seems to be in a state of shock with Madisons diabetes.

Madison was dxd last October after many weeks of taking her to teh doctor and after the doctor telling us she was anrexic not diabetic. We live in Grand Prairie Texas right in the middle of Dallas and Fort Worth

Welcome to all the new families as I see through this thread many I have not seen before.

2. Mom2Deacon

Mom2Deacon Approved members

Hi. I am Sara. My son Deacon was diagnosed on 3-17-07 at 2 1/2. Deacon is the youngest of 4 boys. My other sons are Alex 9, Hawke 8, and Sebastian 6.

--Sara

3. cpmms

cpmms Approved members

Hello,

I am Christy, mother to Miranda age 12, diagnosed T1DOctober 11, 2007, now pumping on Animas since (feb. 2008) She had an A1C of 13.4 at Dx, and in Feb. was down to 6.7. I continue to be amazed at her strength and determination. We live in Raleigh, NC

4. BlessedIAm

BlessedIAm Approved members

Hi. I'm Tawnya, mom to Nickolas, diagnosed Feb. 2007 at the age of 6 (now 8 years old), Eliana (5) and Grant (8 months). My husband is also a type 1, diagnosed at age 14.

Nickolas is still honeymooning and currently MDI but interested in trying out some pumps. We are in the pump research phase for him. DH just got his first pump in December '07 and loving it.

We live in South Carolina.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  5. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I am Teddi, mom to Kelton dx'ed 09/01/2003 MDI Levemir/Novolog

I live in sunny California in the Mojave Desert with my husband, step-son and two Shar-Pei and 3 lizards, one California Whiptail (named Izzard) 2 Common Side-blotched lizards (named Liz and Zird):D

I was officially dx'ed 03/11/2008 with LADA

6. DylansMum

DylansMum Approved members

Hi, I am Kim, Mum to Dylan (9), who was diagnosed 2 years ago. He has just gone onto the Minimed Pump , 2 weeks down and it is so great. He brought tears to my eyes the other night when he said to me 'Mum , I am going to sleep in tomorrow for the first time in nearly 2 years'....I said to him, you go for it....

We live in Auckland, New Zealand, and we have two older daughters, 15 and 13.

7. kodasmom

kodasmom Approved members

Hi! My name is Brenda and I am a mother to Dakota, age 14 dx'd on New Years Day 2008. He is currently on Novolog & lantus.
    I am also a mother to Eric (18) and Colten (16)
    I am a stepmom to Michelle (23) and Justin (21)
    I am a grandmother to Tyson (4 months)
    I am married to Mike.
    We have 2 horses, a chihuahua, and a brittany dog.

8. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

I'm Fran

Mother to Megan-15 recovering bulimic-didn't have disease so she picked bulimia-doing well.-my future chef-she loves to cook now!
    Sara-11-dx at 9 pumping with animasfor almost 2 years now.
    wife to Ted-aspiring rock star-spends all his time practicing in his band.
    I'm a RN and work parttime in radiology dept.
    Have 11 year old black lab-recently in trouble with the dog law.
    3 cats

9. Mom2Madi

Mom2Madi Guest

I'm Jo - Mom to Madi whose now 11. Was dx at age 9 while we were doing an exchange flying tour (hubby was a pilot) in Denmark. After 5 years in Europe we came back to the U.S. after dx for better medical care. In ways it's been better because we couldn't have a pump there or access to many things we now have...but our family misses Europe and the lifestyle/flying for my husband a great deal but you deal with what life hands you.

Never had a honeymoon period and jumped right into puberty - plus started all of this in a new place w/out a support system so the road has been difficult but Madi remains the most positive person I've ever met. No matter what happens she never complains and always has a smile on her face.

I don't post a lot but read almost daily and have learned so much here. Thanks very much to all. :)

10. lowcountry girl

lowcountry girl Approved members

Hey Ya'll. My name is Sara Gayle and we live in Mt. Pleasant, SC. I have been married to Scott, my high school crush, for 15 years. We have a handsome 9 yo, Billy. His passions include karate---blue belt, and art of any media--right now drawing. Leland is our beautiful 5 yo ( wow in 2 days--time flies) daughter. Her passions are ballet and starting karate after she turns 5. Her MM522 ,Purple of course, is sitting at home waiting for the education days to begin. We are all excited. We also have a Giant Schnauzer, Zelda, who likes to tell us when Leland's BS is low in the mornings. I believe that I am extremely fortunate to have found CWD. It is awesome. To quote a great Sesame Street song... "Who are the people in your neighborhood-----They're the people that you meet each day. Thank ya'll for being here every day. FOR BEING THE "DIABETIC UNDERSTANDING" PEOPLE IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD. SG:D:D:D

11. dqmomof3

dqmomof3 Approved members

I'm Jennifer, wife to John, mom to Joshua (almost 14), Joseph (almost 12), and Jayden (9). Jayden was diagnosed 12/28/07 and went on the MM522 on 2/18/08. The theory is that Jayden was honeymooning for quite some time before diagnosis, so we didn't honeymoon a bit after that, but oh well... :). I hear it's not all it's cracked up to be anyway, LOL!

Thanks to everyone on this list for being here - I don't know what I would do without you!

12. momandwifeoftype1s

momandwifeoftype1s Approved members

Hi, I'm Amy. My husband, Brian and I have been married for over 10 years. Brian is T-1 diabetic, diagnosed at age 15. We met at Iowa State University. After getting married in Michigan, we settled in Illinois. We have since lived in Minnesota, Wisconsin and now Tennessee. We have two boys, ages 4 and 6. Connor was diagnosed with T-1 diabetes when he was 5. He's on MDI - Novolog and Lantus and is not interested in the pump yet (we're working on it). He loves dinosaurs, planets, animals, art, soccer, and anything involving nature. My younger is not diabetic, but has developmental delays and sensory processing disorder. He loves to play dress-up, swim, and play outside. I am a part-time Autism Tutor and Organizer of a Stay-at-Home Moms Meetup group. I found this group through momtojess - thank you!

13. shekov

shekov Approved members

Hi! I'm Sherry, wife to Bill for almost 14 years. Mom to Lilli, 9, James, 6 1/2, and Charlotte, 3, dx'd in Feb. 2008.

My dad was dx'd at 13 and died from d complications at 53.

My brother was dx'd at 13 also and is a triathalete and marathon runner, pumping for 6 years.

My niece was dx'd at 2 and has been pumping for 6 years.

I hate d and am so so so sorry that we all had to find this site but don't know what I would have ever done without it. Even with my family history and support and a great endo team, the information and support I get form this site has been a life saver for me.

14. Isabelle's Mom

Isabelle's Mom Approved members

Hi, I'm Lucy. DH and DD are both D, pumping for a little over a year now. I love this site and the people on it, though I only visit sporadically: sometimes daily, sometimes not for weeks. I help when I can and know that I will always get help when I need it.

15. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

Wow I can't believe I missed this thread.

I'm Cheryl and my son Christian was diagnosed 2-15-07, one week before his 11th b-day. I also have a 14 year old son, Anthony.

We live just south of Los Angeles and spend most of our free time at the house of mouse.:D

If anyone in SoCal want to get together I would be more than happy to meet you.:D

16. etringali

etringali Approved members

Hi, I'm Beth, Saxmaniac's wife and Mom to Alex(d), Andy(non-d) & Kira(non-d). Alex was diagnosed just over a year ago and began Omnipodding on April 11th.