- advertisement -

It's that time again...ROLL CALL!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brensdad, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

I'm Charlotte. Married to Bill for 17 years this May. :eek:

We have two children, Ryan, 13, dx'd on January 23, 2006. Hunter, 4 1/2, non-D.

We find diabetes easy compared to adolescence.

This board has been a great place for learning, venting, supporting, etc.

2. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

Hi,

I'm Barbie. My husband is Brett. And my boys are Alex (17) and Neal (10). Alex was dx at age 15 and is now 17 (almost 18) and pumping with a MM722. We'd love to get a cgms but will probably wait until we get him a new endo and work on that with them. He'll be going off to college in August. He's got to decide which college by May 1st. We're in VA.

3. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Hello- I am Wanda, married to MJK for 20 1/2 years;)...Mom to MJK#1 19, in college, working full time and living at home:D. MJK#2 18, the REBEL, hopefully to graduate HS this June and ?????:confused:. lil'Man, will be 7 in June, sweet little boy (everyone loves him), loves to ride ATV's and just be a boy, dx last August. Novolog and Lantus, thinking about a pump...

I love CWD, it is extremely helpful, clinically and emotionally.

Cute little side note: lil'Man just said, "Mom, I feel really happy, I don't know why I just do." :). That's they way a little boy should feel!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2008
  4. shirley83006

shirley83006 Approved members

Hi, My name is Shirley, and our lives changed on Aug. 30, 2006, when our sweet Shannon at the age of 7 was diagnosed. We are living in Fort Myers, Florida. So glad to have this forum available to me.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I'm Karla, mom to Jack, 4, and Elisabeth, 14 months. Jack was diagnosed at age 3 1/2. We (the aforementioned, and my husband) live in Illinois, just west of Chicago.

I cannot overstate the impact this board has had on my life. I feel like 80% of what I know about diabetes I learned on here. The other 20% came from books that I learned about from this board. It's not an exaggeration to say that you all have directly impacted Jack's health for the better.

6. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

I'm late finding this huge thread!!

I'm Brenda, mom to Carson and Henry. Married to Todd for almost 12 years. Carson is 7 1/2, diagnosed as a baby at 9 months old and he's pumping on the Cozmo.

I was just diagnosed 10 months ago w/type 1 through the trialnet research study. I am currently in a strong honeymoon and taking lantus only. I have celiac and hypothyroid as well.

My mom has also had type 1 for 40 years with no complications. She takes Novolog and Lantus. Oh -- she has celiac and hypothyroid, too. Sister has celiac and no D.

Henry and DH do not have D.

We just moved to the north Chicago suburbs this fall after living in Michigan for 9 years. LOVE it here!!

7. mbdoss

mbdoss Approved members

Hello to all!
    My name is Mary Ellen. I'm mom to Megan 7, who was dix'd 2/5/07. She is currentlly pumping on a purple MM522. My DH Brian, who was dx'd 20 years ago this May just started pumping with a MM722. I also have a 14 year old son, Zachary who is definitely giving me gray hairs. We live in Rogers, AR.

8. kyleesmom

kyleesmom Approved members

Im Jill, married to Steve, Mom to Dakota, almost 15 and non-d, Hunter, almost 13 and non-d, and Kylee. Kylee is 10 and was diagnosed 11/5/07. She is currently on Lantus and Novolog, but we are starting to look into which pump she wants.

9. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

My name is Rosemary...My daughter Amanda was diagnosed with Type 1 at age 13 months old..she is now 2..Humalog and Lantus, AccuCheck Avia BG Meter..I lived in NJ with my husband..I have 4 children..Amanda is the youngest..
    Happy to have found this board!! Everyone has been so amazing!!!

10. AaronsMom

AaronsMom Approved members

Hi I'm Rose, mom to Aaron (AJ) diagonosed at 10/02/06 at the age of 17. He is currently on an MDI regimen. Resisting the pump, but that is okay it's his body. Very seldom post but I read as much as I can. Some very smart cookies on this board and I thank all of you for sharing. I do think the best advise I have received was from Michelle (fizzyrazzy), Breath In Breath out, Move On. I try to remember that everytime I start to get a little crazy about this disease.
    I'm married to Craig and also have two other non D kids, a 16yr old son (Drew) and daughter Diana (won't give her age as she is now age sensitive :rolleyes:)

11. Noel

Noel Approved members

Hi....I am Cami, Mom to 2 boys Austin, 10 (no-D) and Aidan, 8, who was diagnosed on 12/24/01. My husband Keith has had type 1 d since he was 8....32 long years! Both Aidan and Keith pump with Minimed 722's so much easier to have them on the same platform. (Aidan originally started off with Animas). We live in Southern NJ.

CWD is my cyber home! I feel like this is the place to come "where eveybody knows your name"

12. Armyemily

Armyemily Approved members

Hi guys and gals,

I'm Emily 19y/o dx'd April 21,1998 on a MM 722 (using a luner set!) since April 2007 the CGMS since March 31, 2008. I am about to start my 2nd year in Nursing School. I live in Oklahoma

13. lisalotsamom

lisalotsamom Approved members

I'm Lisa, married 23 years to John (he reads the board , but not sure if he posts)....mom to the 7 kiddos listed below, now ages 20 down to 2yo.
    Our Tessa is now 5yo, been pumping for over 3 years, and will be starting Kgarten in August, so I'm a bit nervous about the whole process. This board has been a huge help to us!

14. kajumom

kajumom Approved members

Hi,
    My name is Becky, mom to Matia age 8. Diagnosed at age 6 and now pumping with Cozmo for almost a year now. Numbers still all over and doing what we can.

Also mom to Hope age 6 and Kya age 2.

Doing most of it all single parenting. Husband of 9 years and I recently are separated and not sure what is happening there.

15. Anja821

Anja821 Approved members

Hi

Hi,
    I'm Anja, mom to Evan (5) and Lohra (3). Evan was dx'd 4/25/05 at age 2 - his 3 year anniversary is coming up on Friday. Should we celebrate with a big cake? LOL

Evan's been pumping since 11/05 with A1C's ranging from 7.0-7.4.

The hardest lesson I had to learn with his diagnosis is that this is a DISEASE with NO CURE. It sounds obvious, but we parents tend to beat ourselves up over bad numbers while using man-made gadgets that are meant to control something that only nature can do so perfectly,( i.e. a healthy pancreas can secrete the tiniest bit of insulin at just the right moment to offset that 3-scoop cookies & cream ice cream on a waffle cone)

I, too, tend to babble. I'm done now :D

16. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

Hello, I am Jen, proud mom of Tyler. Tyler is 9 years old and was diagnosed on July 8, 2005 when he was 6 3/4 years old. He is currently on MDI (novolog/lantus) using pens. He has been opposed to getting the pump so far, he doesn't want something attached to him. It's his body, so I feel that makes it his choice. He is very active and has never let having diabetes change what he does or who he is.

Tyler also has a little sister Lilly who is 2, she enjoys having "beep-beeps" done to her (bg tests - lol) needs to have her arm wiped with alcohol wipes and have a shot too (I take the needle off the pen, and pretend to give her a shot) and will also tell me she is low and bring me a juice box. :D

I lurk on this site ALL THE TIME, (too much) and post occasionally. Have found lots of great information here. Thanks to you all.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  17. patriot06

patriot06 Approved members

Hi, I'm Sherri, single mom of 6 ages 22-8. My youngest son was just dx'd 5 days before this past Christmas. My mom had type 1, but passed away at age 49 from Kidney disease related to the diabetes. My sister has type 1 and is doing well on the pump. After watching my mother suffer for many years from all of the complications from seizures to neuropothy, I fear for my son's life. However, we are all determined to not allow this fear to overcome us. We are staying on top of this and determined to do our best to keep Nathaniel as healthy as possible.

18. ianmom

ianmom Approved members

Hi,
    I'm Melissa, mom to Ian. I've been a lurker probably since around the time of Ian's diagnosis and decided to register today!

19. TracieandJim

TracieandJim Approved members

Hello everyone! It's nice to meet you all. You are all so very nice and informative. I only wish to have met you under different circumstances.

I am Tracie, mommy to Samuel dx'd 1/29/8 at 19 mths old. I'm the poster to the forum. My husband Jim, daddy, is the lurker. Samuel takes 4 injections and about 10 finger pricks per day. Although I am apprehensive, I am exploring pump and CGMS options. We are still too new to this so we are trying to research and understand as much as we can before changing treatments.

Does anyone out there have a glossary out there for all the codes used on this forum? Sometimes I can get quite lost. :D

Tracie
    (Oh! If there is anyone out there close to Midlothian give me a shout.)

20. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members