- advertisement -

It's that time again...ROLL CALL!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brensdad, Apr 17, 2008.

1. michelleissweet

michelleissweet Approved members

HI,
    I'm Michelle mom of Aaron DOB:10-1-04 DX: 3-14-07
    Aaron was having all symptoms of T1 D yet at the time my husband and I thought he may have a kidney infection so off to Urgent Care he went. I was at work my husband took Aaron to be checked out. When i found out they were there after a few hours i went only to find out everyone there thought he may have D. Sure enough after ER and trip to UNC he was DX.

Thinking of pumping reseaching now.
    MM

2. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

Hi, I'm Elissa.

Celebrating 28 years of marriage to Larry this Saturday. Mom to 6 kids.

Melissa is 9 and was dx'd 01/03/07. She is on MDI and hoping for pump approval soon. She has adjusted very well. Having an awesome school nurse and wonderful classmates has helped tremendously.

I have learned so much from this forum. Thank you, Jeff!

I'm currently reading Cheating Destiny. I'll try to jump in the book club thread as well.

I start my day with coffee and CWD.

3. CJ's Mom

CJ's Mom Approved members

Hi, Tammy here. My son, Christopher (aka CJ) was diagnosed 01-22-08 at age 14, will be 15 on 4/27. His ER BG was 1253. Adjusting well for a teenager, wants a pump.

Also have a non-D daughter, Haley who will be 12 in 3 weeks. We also have 3 dogs-a Bichon (3 years), an Old English Bulldog (12 yrs 7 half blind), and a large Rottweiler (7 years, hip/lower back injury, sees a chiropractor. He did not cause the earthquake :D).

4. hold48398

hold48398 Approved members

Hi, I'm Marisa, Mom x2 and wife to Erich since 2000. Mia is 6 1/2 now, dx @ age 3. We have been pumping for 2 yrs next month! Mia has a little sister, Ciana, who is 5. We also have 2 big dogs: Charlie, our Golden Retriever and Trooper, our Chocolate Lab.:)

5. Sari

Sari Approved members

HI all -

Sari here, Ross's mom. Ross was diagnosed on Feb. 22, 2006. He was just 22 months old. he is going to be 4 in a few weeks!! They grow up too fast!!! We have been pumping since the day he was diagnosed with the Minimed 515, time to upgrade soon I think!

6. Dana

Dana Approved members

Hi! My name is Dana. My daughter, Iris was dxd right before her 2nd birthday. She is on MDI. I was dxd in 2000. I am also on MDI.

7. WestinsMom

WestinsMom Approved members

I'm Michelle. My husband and I have our own business www.bumper911.com and I have a little adult toy business that keeps me interesting :) (You know saying you are a kind of stay at home mom that homeschools doesn't get the reaction I like :) )

I homeschool our son Westin. I also have a toy year old (Wieland).

Westin was diagnosed at 2, he is 10 now. Boy has diabetes care changed since we started! Those who were diagnosed before 2000 have seen so many more changes, but really the last 5 years have been amazing. Anyway, Westin started pumping at 4 years old. He now also uses a continuous glucose monitor. We also deal with him being celiac.

Wieland is happy and healthy and is now older than when Westin was diagnosed, so that is a relief but kind of scary. I kind of wait for the shoe to drop.

We have been on this forum for 1 year and I am so sorry I didn't visit it sooner. I want to thank BrendaK for telling me how addictive it is :)

8. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Hi! I am Nicole married to my high school sweet heart for 12 years this fall. All of our D info is in my siggie.

I have learned so much from this forum and I spend waaaaaaayyyyyy too much time on here :eek:

9. juggernaut

juggernaut Approved members

Mmmm, I thought it was a broken carrot :D.

I am Kris from Louisiana. My 13 year old daughter was diagnosed 10/30/07. She starting pumping with a green cozmo on 1/17/08.

I have four other kids, 2 boys 19, 15 and 2 s 12 and 8. My husband and I have been married for almost 24 years.

10. Kaitlyn's Crew

Kaitlyn's Crew Approved members

Hello, I'm Marisa been married to Bill for almost 19 years. Mom to 2 beautiful girls, Giovanna 8 and Kaitlyn 7. Kaitlyn was dx July 10, 2007, hoping to be on the pump by the end of May. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

11. sarahconnormom

sarahconnormom Approved members

I am Melinda, married to Dale for 15 1/2 years. Dale was diagnosed with type 1 in July 1990 at age 19. He is on MDI with Lantus and Novolog. We have 2 children.

Sarah is 11 (12 in July). Sarah is diagnosed with ADHD and PDD-NOS. She is a very bright but challenging child. She is in the gifted program at her school but struggles socially. Sarah loves animals, computers, and softball.

Connor is 6 (will be 7 June 4) and was diagnosed with Type 1 on 12-17-07. He just started pumping with a MM 522 last week. Connor also suffers from allergies, mild asthma, and chronic ear and sinus problems. Connor loves school, baseball, soccer, Harry Potter, and Star Wars.

We also have 6 cats (Abby, Harry, Sammy, Bogey, BJ, and Tiger), 1 dog (Bear) and 1 goldfish (Diego).

12. chocoholicsc

chocoholicsc Approved members

This is a great thread! It's nice to be able to see eachother's background for the newbies like me...:p
    My name is Candy (for real, :)) and I am a homeschooling mom to 3 great kids. Two daughters, Kaelynn (11) and Kassandra (7) and little Christopher (2) who was dx'd 2-23-08.
    We live in SC. My husband works as an IT engineer. We have no family history of D on either side. Our son is currently on NPH and humalog.I have learned SO much from this forum and am incredibly gratefull to all the wonderful parents on here who take time to help people like me!!:)

Candy:)

13. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Hello, I'm Kim, Mom to Kaylee, 5.. dx 1 month before her 3rd b-day on 1/31/06. Pumping with MM since july 06, and Cgmsing with the minilink since 11/07. I also have another daughter, Jaylin, who's a big kindergartener, soon to be 1st grader! We live in NH.

14. Jfoxsmom

Jfoxsmom Approved members

Hey! I'm Laura...mom to Jamieson age 12 ... diagnosed October of 2006 after being hospitalized with a blood sugar of 896:eek:, Patrick-13 "the evil older brother" , Alex -7 "the annoying younger brother" and baby Brandon 9 months ..affectionately known as Mr. Slobber Bob....

We are finally getting the MiniMed Paradigm 722.. hopefully in the mail today or tomorrow....bought not by the insurance company...but by my hubbies amazing employer! (who probably got tired of my emails and phone calls to them complaining about the ineptitude of the insurance company)..

A pleasure to meet you all! :)

15. DebbieR

DebbieR Approved members

Hello, I'm Debbie. What a great post as it has finally pushed me to upload a photo of the brood after months of meaning to. I'm married to Richard, we're British, and we've only been in the US since last July after many years travelling around the world. Two of our children have diabetes (left and middle in the photo), and as I write this I realise this week is our 9 year anniversary of living with D. So nine years older, possibly nine years wiser, certainly looking 19 years more aged! Our kids were diagnosed overseas in countries you wouldn't really want to be diagnosed in, so coming here, starting the pump in January and taking advantage of the camps & support has just been fantastic for all of us.

16. jendean

jendean Approved members

I'm Jen, mother of Nolan and Patrick. Nolan is now ten years old, he was diagnosed 12/20/2004 at age 7. Patrick does not have diabetes. I am an RN, and do a support group in my area for children with diabetes.
    click the link and you can look at the website.

17. Treysmom

Treysmom Approved members

Hello I'm Robin mom to 3 wonderful children. Blair, Sarah and Trey who was dx'd 8/14/06. He is pumping w/ a blue MM522..

18. jcanolson

jcanolson Approved members

We're new to the site, not to D. I could kick myself for missing this forum for the past 2 1/2 yrs!! Live in TN. Homeschooling mom to Nat age 5 now - age 3 when dx'd., and Alexa age 12 going on 18. We've been pumping with Animas for over 2 years.

19. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Hey, I'm Brian and I've been married to my wife, Joanie, for 24 years. We have two sons who have grown into magnificent young men. Our oldest, Tyler, is being heavily recruited by Division 1 college soccer programs and has good enough grades that he doesn't have to get an athletic scholarship. Zach, our younger son, who's D info is in my sig, just found out he made the high school show choir for next year and has the role of the villian in our community theater's production of Scheherazade. As we often say, diabetes is the least interesting thing about him.

20. MommyStress

MommyStress Approved members

hiyas I'm Dee, mom to Jimmy and Katelyn

Jimmy is 10 yrs old and was Diagnosed June of 2007 type 1 , my daughter is 14 yrs old Cancer survivor and we are blessed each day we are all together!

its rolling up on a year almost since my son was diagnosed and each day im here on these forums I am still learning ..

recently started using the MM Pump and waiting on approval for CGMS!

Everyone her eis awesome and its nice to know you have a place always to come and read or ask questions or just simply stalk around! :p