- advertisement -

It's that time again...ROLL CALL!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brensdad, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Mrsnester

Mrsnester Approved members

Hi, I'm Amy
    Married to Mark, Type 1 Diabetic (diagnosed at age 8)
    Mom to Meghan (13yrs old) &
    Markie, Type 1 Diabetic (diagnosed at the same age as father, age 8, March 15th 2006)
    taking everything one day at a time (or every "number" one check at a time)

2. csnider3

csnider3 Approved members

Hi, I'm Cathy, Mom to Caleb. He is 3 year's old dx'd a week after his 3rd birthday. We caught his D early so he just gets 1 Unit Lantus in the mornings. 1/2 unit of Humalog if he eats over 80 carbs a meal. He was also dx'd with diabetes insipidus and the endo suspects he has Wolfram Syndrome. I was dx'd with T2 in March. I have learned so much here at CWD.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  3. Sandy's mom

Sandy's mom Approved members

Hi, I'm Deb and I'm a CWDaholic! I'm here reading mostly everyday. My daughter was dx'd during this past Christmas break. Also has Hashimotos Thyroiditis. Looking forward to getting her on a pump.:)

I'm married to a wonderful guy who also happens to have type 1, for 26 years. He uses the MM pump and is dead set against getting one for our little girl, at this time.:(

Just signed up to go to the Marco Island CWD conference. Hope to meet some of you there!

4. Emma'sDad

Emma'sDad Approved members

I'm Daddy to Emma in the far eastern side of Canada neighbouring Maine. Emma was DX in Aug 2005. She started with NovoRapid and Lantus, got switched to NPH and then settled with Levemir. Emma is sister to Zoe born not too long ago.

5. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

What part of NY are you moving to?
    We live near the Southern Tier.
    Allene

6. Lee

Lee Approved members

HI - I am Becky Lee - Hence the name Lee...I have two girls, 12 (aka -HE Double Hockey Sticks!) and 10 year old Coco...I am a single mom and am happy to give my advice :rolleyes: (whether you want it or not!) to any others splitting households - which is tough!

Oh- and if you guys haven't figured it out yet, I take great pride in playing devils advocate...now whether that is a good thing or not, I still haven't decided!

7. zell828

zell828 Approved members

I'm Sandy, age 40 and I am from MN. I am married to a type 2 diabetic and we have one biological child together, age 6. My husband has an 8 year old daughter who was diagnosed type 1 on 02/11/2008.

8. caspi

caspi Approved members

I'm Christina, mom to 9 year old Cameron, dx'd 10/06. MDI until summer when he should be pumping!:) Live in the Shenandoah Valley of VA, about 75 miles west of Washington DC.

9. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

Hi I'm Kirsten. All the pertinent D info is in my sig. I'm a biological researcher in the Boston area. I found the first year to be extremely difficult, so those of you without my background who made it through all the math and shots, etc. and did what you needed to do for your kids have my deepest respect.

I tend to take things a little too seriously. DH balances me out nicely.

Kirsten

10. Thoover

Thoover Approved members

Hello everyone, I am Tracy, mom to Brittney age 9 diagnosed Jan of 2007 Pumping June of 2007. I have a son Nickolas who is 5, and a great husband married to him for almost 14 years.. I too am a CWDholic.. This is my place to come when you need to cry, vent or just be happy!!

11. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

Hi, I'm Holly and my son, Morgan, was dx'd with type 1 March 17 2008. He is taking shots, novolog and lantus 2X daily. Morgan was born 07-14-97 with a chromosomal anomaly called trisomy 18 or Edward's syndrome. He has multiple challenges. Morgan's dad, Mike, and I have been married for 15 yrs. and we live in Iowa, with our two cats, Cleo and Clyde.

12. Bam

Bam Approved members

Hi! I'm Tammy mom of 3. Brady our middle child was dx'd 7 months ago. So glad I found this site. It has helped me get through the last couple of months. He is still on his honeymoon. I pray it lasts a long time.

13. coop

coop Approved members

Hi, I'm Carol. Married for almost 17 years to my best friend Dave. Two great kids (well most of the time!), Dylan, 14 and Sierra, 11, dx 12/20/2007.

We are on MDI, lantus and humalog and honeymooning. At first the honeymmon was great now it's very challenging. Just never know when her little pancreas is going to help us out.

I can't thank everyone here enough for all their great advice and big shoulders when they are needed.

14. PAULEEN

PAULEEN Approved members

Hello, I'm Pauleen Mom of 12 year old Aarron and almost 17 yr old Jessica. Aaron was dxd on 3/10/2008. We are doing Lantus and Novolog. Still in the Honeymoon stage and Pray we stay there for a while. We live in Port Jervis NY which is where NY, PA, and NJ meet. So glad I found this site. You are all wonderful! I'm sure you will "hear" a lot from me after the honeymoon.:D

15. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

I am Debbie mom to 11, 8 boys 3 girls happy to say all still living at home but one who is serving in the Marine corp and is in Iraq right now:(
    Samantha was dxd Aug of last year :(. She has now been pumping for a month even with the rough start we had, we are loving it!!

16. Donna C

Donna C Approved members

Hello Everyone -- This is a great idea!

Hi, I'm Donna. My wonderful husband, Scott, and I will be celebrating our 15th anniversary this summer! Stephanie is my amazing 12-yr-old, 6th grader who was diagnosed (hospitalized) November 07 -- a week after her 12th birthday (had pizza, soft drinks, cake, cookies -- ugh! I felt guilty a while at first!). She's laid back, creative, happy, social butterfly, and very carefree (yea, you should see her room ... hee, hee). Her brother, 9 3/4 yr-old (he corrects me on that "almost 10" part) Clay is OCD (like mom), meticulous, brilliant, and very much a home-body, family-oriented kid. Both of my wonderful kids are dyslexic and brilliant (as most dyslexics are). I am a school teacher and involved some in church music as well.
    Although this forum scared me at first (some really frightening stories), I have learned that this is a great source of education, support, and willing references to point us in the right direction. It is so very helpful in so many ways.
    We live in Columbia, South Carolina with most of our relatives. We share our home with a huge black cat, a 3-yr-old hyper German Shepherd, and a brand new (19 weeks) Yorkie (he's REALLY hyper!).
    Never a dull moment! I met a mom in the hospital while I was moping about diabetes whose daughter was losing the battle with leukemia . . . I felt rebuked and thankful for diabetes! I'll be praying for the mom whose battling BC and Chemo. A fellow teacher/friend of mine just finished treatment and is winning the battle -- hang in there!!! My dad and one sister is Type 2. Stephanie is the first Type 1 -- wow! We learned that was different!

17. M&MMOM

M&MMOM Approved members

Hi everyone,

I am Abby. I am married to Kendall for 12 years and have two sweet boys. Max, diagnosed at age 2 1/2, has just turned 9 this month.He is the happiest, most laid back child! Miles, who is 6, is a spitfire! :)

We live in a suburb of Minneapolis-a city which we love and feel very fortunate to live in!

I am forever grateful for all of you and the support and help you provide.

All my love to your families!

18. Caydens_Mommy

Caydens_Mommy Approved members

Hi Everyone!
    I'm Savannah from Texas Mother to Cayden (dxed on 10/5/2007) at the age of 2, also mother to Landon 6 who is non D. About to be married to Daniel who does have D since he was nine months old!! We stay pretty busy especially since Landon has started baseball again!! :) I'm extremely thankful for finding this place and suich wonderful people!

19. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Approved members

Hi! Mary Lou here.

Berni, who is a lurker, and I have been married for 15 years this summer.

We have 2 boys both with Type 1:

Brian, age 9, Dx'd at 6
    Andrew, age 6, dx'd just before sixth birthday

Both wearing Minimed 522 pump. Brian does the CGMS, Andrew does not. Honeymoon just ended for Andrew, after much wacky numbers, endo confirmed this yesterday. It was nice while it lasted :)

20. DustinsDad

DustinsDad Approved members

Hi. Dad to Dustin, dx September '05 at 7 years old after insisting on a blood test for sugars (rural area and docs don't have a clue about D in this area). Started on Nph regimen, then switched to Levemir/Novolog after year and a half (freedom!). Now pumping on Cozmo and have better control. Still not at the skill level of some of these other parents doing extended bolusing, but working on it. I've been inspired by many of you and have learned so much by being addicted to the forum. Thank you all for being here!