- advertisement -

It's that time again...ROLL CALL!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brensdad, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Kristalfrissy

Kristalfrissy Approved members

My name is Kristal and I am Jaden's mom. Jaden is 5 and was diagnosed on 10/31/07. He is still on MDI. We tried the pen for about, oh 3 times and he decided that he hated it. So we ordered the sample pod for the Omnipod, which he did think was cool but was ready to take it off after about 2 hours. Hmmm-we might be on MDI for awile! I always knew Jaden was a sweet kid but I just had no idea HOW sweet!:D

I also have a 3 year old little girl named Taylor and have been married for 12 years to Paul. We have a big huge spoiled 7 month old Weimeriner named Ollie.

2. zeb'smom

zeb'smom Approved members

Hello...Robyn mom of Zebulon, almost 4 years old dx'ed at 18 months in January 2006 pumping since October 2006. Zeb has a big sister Raven and big brother Dakota and crazy puppy named Jewels. Dh is Eric who works hard but loves being goofy dad whenever possible, mostly at bedtime:rolleyes:.

Makes me sad to see so many new families joining our ranks but very glad we all have such a wonderful resource here. Thanks again for that Jeff.

Nick...I was just wondering about Emma...how is she doing?

Robyn

3. owensmom

owensmom Approved members

Hi there! I'm Shannon, mom to Owen dx 02/27/06 at 21 months (3 months to the day before his second b-day). We've been pumping with an ice blue Cozmo called "green" since 6 months after diagnosis.

4. Nelson

Nelson Approved members

I'm Nelson, husband to Lise and father to Kennen (13) and Derek (10). Derek was diagnosed on August 4th, 2006 while we were in Canada on holiday. We live in Oregon. Derek started on Humalog & NPH. Five days later, when we returned to the Oregon, we were put onto Humalog and Lantus. We started on the Cozmore pump in July of 2007. Except for night-time checks, Derek pretty much manages his own diabetes, with lots of parental oversight and advice, but not much interfearence.

I'm an academic that likes to stir up trouble because I think it helps us think through things more clearly when our assumptions and/or the status quo are questioned. :D

5. AJsmom

AJsmom Approved members

I'm AJ's mom. "Howdy" to the new folks. I don't post much, but I do read a lot of the posts. AJ was dx @ age 2 and is now 15 (and starting to drive...YIKES! :eek:) He's been pumping for 5 years. Puberty has made diabetes very interesting! My son's outlook on his diabetes: "I've had it for so long it's no big deal." His view of his diabetes has always inspired me! :)

6. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I'm Christine. I'm 22 and have had diabetes for 3 years. I use a Paradigm pump and use the CGMS portion occasionally when I feel that there's not enough frustration in my life.

7. MySweethearts

MySweethearts Approved members

Hello,
    My name is Carmen and my son Luke was dx'd two weeks before turning 2 years old. That was 8/14/04, he is now in kindergarden with only 1 1/2 months of school left. I can't believe we made it this far :D But he has the best school nurse in the world, so that has helped me a lot. He is on injections 3 times daily. I am hoping he can get on the pump soon, but his endo is very old fashion :rolleyes: I also have a 11 year old daughter and a 14month old son.

8. rachabetic

rachabetic Approved members

Hey! I'm Rachael. I was diagnosed with diabetes in 1998 at the age of 7. I started pumping in 2003 @11 years old, and I am currently using a minimed 712, but I really want the 722 and cgm!!!!

9. Scotty

Scotty Approved members

Hi there, I'm Dianna, mum to Scott who is 15. Scott was dx'd at age 3. He is now pumping with a paradigm 722 and loves it after years of MDI. He has a younger brother Todd who is 14. Two teenage boys at home means never any food in the house!!!

10. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Moïen (hi in Luxembourgish),

My name is Paula and I've 2 boys, Ian (4) and Alex (2). Ian was dx Oct. 2006 at 2 yrs old, He wears a Deltec Cozmo pump, and is doing well.

I'm an avid forum starter :D which may declare bankruptcy for lack of customers ;) but it's the intention that counts, right?

Oh, one more thing...Welcome all newcomers!!!

11. Ryans-Rock

Ryans-Rock Approved members

Hi All,
    I'm Leslie, Mom to Ryan(12). Ryan was dx'd 1/08/2008. He's currently on MDI of Novolog and Levemir. Endo says no pump till honeymoon is over.

My hubbys name is Dan, We also have a daughter Kelly(14) We live outside of Mannford, Oklahoma. Oh, I can't forget the cat Mittens and the Gecko.... which has no name.

12. Shannon's Mom

Shannon's Mom Approved members

I'm Maureen, Shannon's mom - dx 6/23/2001 just after turning 4. MDI and Lantus. Have learned more here in the last 2 months than the last 5 years. Thanks to all!

13. Riley'sMom

Riley'sMom Approved members

hello,

i'm jessica, mom to riley who is 3. riley was dx'd at 15 months. started pumping and cgm'ing with the MM 522 in july 07 and LOVE it!

riley also has celiac and Down Syndrome and a great big sister sydney who is 5.

we live in VA but are moving to NY in may.

14. momof3princesses

momof3princesses Approved members

Hi - I'm Christy, married to Andy (15 years) and we have three perfect daughters (hence, the 3 princesses :p). Lily, our youngest (6) was diagnosed 10/28/06 when she was 4. She is on the MM522 pump and CGMS (LOVE IT!!). I have two brothers, each of them Type 1 as well as my niece (5).

15. MamaC

MamaC Approved members

That's a double negative. Means you're APPROPRIATE at all the RIGHT times.

I think!

Becky, Tom's and Jenn's mom, Kevin's wife, Enzo's fishy foster mother, Northern Virginia 12 miles outside of DC

~~Becky~~

16. abacobaby

abacobaby Approved members

Hi, my name is Samantha. My daughter, Grace, is turning 5 in May and was diagnosed just this past February, so we are still pretty new to all of this.

Right now Grace is on NPH ~ 1 shot a day and going through the honeymoon phase and enjoying every bit of it:cwds: Hopefully it'll last a while!

17. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

:cwds:Hi From Southern New Hampshire!

I'm Wendy, mom to identical twins, Abby and Maddy, soon to be 7!
    Abby was diagnosed in June '05. Maddy carries the markers for D, but we look at it as a 25% chance she won't develop D:cwds:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  18. realsweety

realsweety Approved members

hi I am Rhonda mommy to Allison age 4 dx on oct 5 2007,2 weeks before her 4th birthday.we live in worthington pa.we are currently waiting for omni pod to get back to us about what our ins. is going to cover.and hopefully she will be hooked up by june.my husband is finally coming out of his denial these past few weeks and asking questions and being a wonderful husband and father.we also have another daughter kaci who is 2 non d ,who has been going through the terrible 2s since she turned 1 .I lurk more than I post and I pray everynight for all of us and our children.thank you all for your support and advice.oh yeah and I'm usually long winded.lol

19. jules12

jules12 Approved members

Hi - I'm Julie - Mom to Josh (8) dx 04/2007- pumping with minimed 522 since 05/2007 currently fighting BCBS on 2nd level of appeal for CGMS - still honeymooning - very thankful for this board - learned so much!

20. vettechmomof2

vettechmomof2 Approved members

I am Allene
    mom to the below kiddos and wife to hubbie Josh.
    Siggie is vettechmomof2 because i only have 2 children at this time and am a vettech.
    My daughter is on the dexcom and omnipod and loves both.
    We live in Northeastern PA right near the NY border.
    Allene