- advertisement -

It's not all life threatening

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Sarah Maddie's Mom, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

Susan, that's devastating news. I'm so very sorry. :(

2. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Susan,

I am so sorry for your family's loss.

3. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

So sorry to hear this. :(

4. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

I am so very sorry for your loss:(

I have been trying to take your advice lately. I am alive, live. Its hard some days, other days its easy and I get every drop of joy out of the day and being with my family.

My prayers are with you Sue and your whole family at this time

5. Illinifan

Illinifan Approved members

Had a busy week and weekend. Came back here and found a 5 day old thread with 29 pages already. Wow.

First, let me add my condolences. I'll pray for the family.

I didn't read all 29 pages, but based on the OP's comments, I am going to repeat a couple of things that I say frequently on this board:

1. Zach's diabetes is the least interesting thing about him and I hope and pray that it is the same for you and yours.

2. There is a special place in heaven for those of you who have to deal with this damn disease in your little bitty kids and there are special couches and recliners for those of you who have to deal with one than one major health issue at a time. I figure Emmasmom and Brensdad will have an entire wing just for them.

There are times to rush to the edge of the cliff and panic. The night Zach gave himself 27 units of Novolog instead of Lantus comes to mind. But for the majority most of the time, this disease is manageable. We just all want to manage it out of existence.

6. sooz

sooz Approved members

Thank you everyone, it has been heartbreaking. One more 'new reality' to face.