advertisement

"It's in the best interest of the patient..." NOT!!!

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MomofSweetOne, Jul 9, 2018.

1. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I just watched Tandem's interview the Basal-IQ. Their decision to not roll out the Basal IQ with G5 benefits THEM, not us. It saves an FDA submission (stated in the interview) and an additional rollout. In the meantime, we're dealing with teens that are busy working insane hours with no consistent schedules, who sleep like the dead and don't wake until countless phone calls when Share alerts me to 55 & belows. Exactly how is it in OUR best interest to have to wait until November to upgrade?

And her comment in response to the question (not mine, but same situation of having ordered G5 because of being told that's what Basal IQ would roll out with and now not being able to reorder until November) was that you could CHOOSE to wait to upgrade.

They are completely out of touch with their customer's needs. We paid the $300 OOP upgrade to the X2 specifically to have Basal IQ for college. Now she won't have it until the end of the semester. I wish I'd saved my $300 and put it toward tuition.

I am looking forward to the release of the DANA pump or OpenOmni. We wouldn't recommend Tandem to anyone at this point.

rgcainmd likes this.
  2. ChrisDadT1

ChrisDadT1 Approved members

Agree. We upgraded to the Tslim X2 last year and the Dexcom G5 because Tandem told us the Basal IQ was coming out and would work with the G5. Now we will be required to upgrade to the Dexcom G6 if we want to use it. So many lies in their sales, it's all about the money, I bet Dexcom had their hands in this, and both companies are smiling all the way to the bank.