- advertisement -

It's been one year today. . .

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by aidensmom, Mar 4, 2009.

1. aidensmom

aidensmom Approved members

So much has changed since that morning a year ago when I left work to take Aiden to the doctor for what I thought would be a quick visit. I even left my computer running since my Mom was babysitting that day. I thought I'd be back at the office within an hour or so. I thought the doctor would take a look, tell us what was wrong, write a prescription and in a few days he'd bounce back to being a happy little boy again. Little did I know that when I left work that morning that we'd be rushing Aiden to the hospital in a few short hours and our lives would be forever changed.

A year ago I thought life as I knew it was over. However, I'm pleased to say that I was wrong. I have been able to do many things that I was doing pre-D, that I thought would surely end. I have been able to go out to eat with and without DS. I have been able to go away for a girl's weekend. We have gone on vacation as a family. DH and I have even been able to go away for a few days without DS. A year ago, I didn't think most of these things would be possible or fun again. While D does take some of the fun from these events, we have enjoyed living life. It has been a very tough year though. I remember in the beginning crying everyday then maybe every few days and now maybe just every month or every few months. It is still hard and I still get angry and upset, but we as a family are adjusting to this new normal. I didn't believe it would ever get better, but it has. I have learned a lot over this past year. I know that my son is one brave little guy. I have found much comfort and knowledge by visiting CWD often (I think I'm addicted). Thanks so much to you guys for always being here. I don't post often, but I love reading and learning from you all. It is comforting to know that I am not alone in this. Thanks for letting me share. You guys are great! :cwds:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. iluvmhp

iluvmhp Approved members

Congrats....sounds like you are doing great! You have accomplished much, much more than I.

Yeah mom!!!

3. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

congrats on your first year!!!! Well done!

4. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

I'm a day late, but if you're anything like me that one year anniversary date stuck with me for awhile......

Thinking of you!!! Big hugs!!!! Thanks for posting. :cwds::cwds:

5. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Congrats! You have come so far!

6. spamid

spamid Approved members

Great job, and lots of

BIG SQUISHY HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

Congratulations on a job well done!

We are five days away from our one year.....and I have a huge mix of feelings.

8. Jacque471

Jacque471 Approved members

Congrats on your first year. We still have a ways to go, but like you we are trying to let D intrude on our lives as little as possible. One day at a time, we are getting there.

9. tiffanie1717

tiffanie1717 Approved members

Congrats on getting through your first year with flying colors!! :)

10. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

Congratulations on getting through your first year! We're approaching Matt's first anniversary of his diagnosis and I definitely share your feelings that it's been quite a year.