- advertisement -

It's been awhile...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by missmakaliasmomma, Jun 4, 2015.

1. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

So as some of you remember, I was fed up with the pump months (maybe a year) ago. I'm happy to report I love it today. Aside from the occasional issue, it's been working out really well. My daughter went on a pump break for what i believe was originally going to last a few days because she had gotten a site infection (which is the only bad thing really I can say) and literally after a few hours, we were both fed up with mdi. We are both so used to being able to eat/snack whenever and multiple shots were not cutting it. I think it actually made her appreciate wearing a pump AND dexcom lol.

We've seen numbers that are only in the hundreds all day at school which makes me happy since I worked hard to get every setting correct. Even eating regular snacks and school food (her request not mine lol)Of course her insulin needs will change next week it'll change but I'm just happy now :) I believe when I FIRST started having issues with the pump, her basal was just about 3u. Now it's 8. How quickly things change...

One bad thing is that my daughters insurance no longer covers dexcom but I'm no way giving it up. Is there a sort of program or anything that helps pay for it? I've already come to the realization that I'm going to have to pay oop and while I feel it's worth it, it's also worth it to see if there's any programs out there too... Dexcom is just one thing that I feel after you have it, you can't give it up.

My daughters currently doing acting classes and is starting basketball soon.

Hope everyone's been well!