- advertisement -

its been a while

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by fredntan2, Nov 13, 2012.

1. fredntan2

fredntan2 Approved members

since I have posted on here. Sometimes I forget my dd has D. She is doing quite well I think. It was either sink or swim. She swam.
    She is 16 now, driving, had D for 7 yrs

I am done with all my treatments for breast cancer. Did 6 months chemo last winter, mastectomy before that, 25 zaps rads in spring....lost my hair, my breast, some friends aling the way. Cried many tears. Picked myself up many times. My DH stood by me whole time. He couldnt cook or clean, but he always knew how to pull me through the hard days. He always knew when I needed him. We just celebrated 25 yrs.

I am doing my final big recooperation from breast recon. Went to San Antonio/methodist hosp. I was treated like I was there only patient. It was wonderful to be treated so well after my horrible experience last sept at sloan kettering in NYC.

But anyway I am through it all. Trying to learn how to enjoy life again.

And please do your monthly checks, put reminders in phone. Know what your breast density is. Always pick up copy of your mammo. And consider going to big center that radiologist that only reads mammos. If you have dense breasts insist on US

Bye for now
    Time to get my life back

2. LJM

LJM Approved members

Glad for the update and the good advice on how to remind ourselves to check. I almost always end up with follow up ultrasounds each year. My best wishes as you recuperate from the reconstruction.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Glad you are all doing well!

I am so glad you had such an improved hospital experience, no one deserves crappy treatment regardless of what they are having done. How did you end up in TX for treatment?

Hang in there!

4. fredntan2

This last sx called diep took my belly fat to make boobs. Muscle is spared. I researched the docs. There are only a few groups in country that do this sx daily. They work as team. Sxwas 8 hrs long. Docs back home were saying 12+ hrs.

5. Helenmomofsporty13yearold

Helenmomofsporty13yearold Approved members

Thanks for the update, I have often thought of you and hoped you were doing well.

6. Beach bum

That's great that you were able to find someone who met your needs. I'm just upset you didn't call me to be a fat donor:p

Seriously though, I've had several friends go through and who are going through BC and they've had varying levels of results with docs. Just as in your case, even though you went to one of the (so called) best, doesn't mean you got the best treatment (they found the same at Dana Farber).

7. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

HUGS!! I miss your posts. Thanks for the update, and the kindly reminder to check our breasts. There is a new type of 3D mammography, along with similar technology, contrast-enhanced spectral mammography something like a cat scan for mammo- grams. increased accuracy and earlier detection. We only have one in the state, but hear it is a success and more hospitals and clinics are upgrading.

8. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well.

9. Lee

Lee Approved members

Yay Fran! I am glad you are done!!!! Done! Done!

10. CrystalLee1003

CrystalLee1003 Approved members

Awesome story of triumph!

11. caspi

caspi Approved members

Fran took the time to update us with this great news and you had to say this???

Are you freakin' kidding me Chris? I mean, really??!! Did you not read on where she said....

You have said some pretty rude things in the past, but this one really takes the cake. In the future, please think before posting. :(

12. fredntan2

no fighting you guys.

my thoughts too:D But it ws the best for me. got me out of bed, gave me something to do. I had terrible time filling my time. I was off work due to chemo , It was such a depressing time.
    My girls did help out. I have such high standards
    And maybe he did. I can't really remember the small details. But he always knew when I need a shoulder. clean floors or toilets don't matter

13. Beach bum

Amen sista!

Free pass on clean floors and toilets when going through chemo. Strong shoulders is what pulls you through, not shiny floors.

Continued good thoughts being sent to you and your family.

14. caspi

caspi Approved members

I remember your FB posts and he was by your side. That's what's important! :cwds:

15. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

To the OP,

Apparently my post offended Christina, so I removed it so as not to muddy your thread. I respectfully asked her to do the same, but she refused. Just wanted you to know that I tried. :cwds:

16. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Removing your posts does not take the original hurt or rudeness away. Thinking before you post might. Think really hard.

17. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

It does not appear the OP was hurt or thought Chris' post rude, so I'm wondering what the point of your post was. Well, not really, since it's obvious you saw an opportunity to pick at Chris and took it. If you were 9 years old, I'd think you had a big crush on him. As it stands, I think you just like inserting yourself in the drama.

Nice to see you around, Fran. Glad to hear that you're doing well. :)

18. Becky Stevens mom

Becky Stevens mom Approved members

Its so good to see you back and doing so well Fran :cwds: I agree that cleanliness is next to nothingness when it comes to being together as a couple and as a family. It sounds like the love of your family and technology and your own inner strength is helping you to be well. Love really does make the world go around <3

19. fredntan2

I'm doing great. Its been a struggle. what hurt the most was losing friends. guess they weren't really my friends. when you get cancer people just drop off face of earth.

I've heard about that new super cool way to do mammo's. I would travel for that If I had to have those damn things again.

-always insist on US if you have dense breasts
    -know if you have dense breasts
    -always pick up and read copy of your reports
    -Its better to go to bigger institution that has dedicated radiologist that mammography is his specialty. you want board certified at least.
    -put reminder in your phone to do your monthly checks-men get breast cancer too these days -its rare

these are things I wish I had known
    If you don't know about dense breasts-google that. (basically if you have dense breasts then its harder for the mammo to see through your breasts)
    I used to think about diabetes all the time, now I think about BC all the time. it will get better just takes time.

20. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

<3 FRAN <3 You are my hero!!!! :D:D:D